Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
symbolipoint said:
#23608, I still do not understand.

Muffler bearing.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Muffler bearing.
By the way, I didn't get it either. I used Google Lens. (Laptop.Chrome: right-click on an image, click search with Google lens)
 
Looked under the spoiler but I still do not understand. Best I can think, the two parts of that terminology do not seem to fit together. Like many jokes, person should understand fairly fast; but if not person should not worry about it.
 
symbolipoint said:
Looked under the spoiler but I still do not understand. Best I can think, the two parts of that terminology do not seem to fit together. Like many jokes, person should understand fairly fast; but if not person should not worry about it.
List of fake car parts to sell to hapless customers:

  • Piston return springs
  • Muffler bearing
  • Transmission relay
  • Blinker fluid
  • Suspension hook
  • Radiator springs (long story)
  • The good suggestions:
  • ventilation regulator
  • bumper valve
  • floor mat alignment
  • flux capacitor
  • high altitude battery
  • Johnson rods
  • Damper valves
  • Diesel Coilpacks (or any ignition/distributor related item)
  • Rotary pistons
  • fuel magnet (and fuel magnet alignment)
  • Turbo brake
  • Tire gaskets
  • relay coil damper
  • spark plug springs
  • {insert name here} valve
  • Battery filter
  • Horn fluid
  • Magnetic brake resistors
  • Diesel spark plugs
  • Seasonal air
  • Oil thinner
  • Clutch throw bearing
  • engine salt
  • manual CVT
  • driveshaft grease
  • muffler fluid
  • intake oil
  • Tow Capacitor
  • Tow Brace
  • Catalytic Inverter
  • Muffler Damper
  • Window Return Spring
  • Battery Conditioner Fluid
  • Floor Pan Drain Valve (It's Jeep thing)
  • Dipstick Extender (for low-oil situations)
  • brake coolant
  • led filiments
  • flywheel bracket
  • flywheel brace
  • exhaust impeller
  • oil filter belt
  • exhaust belt
  • windshield wiper governor
  • thermostat bearing
  • Brake pedal return spring
  • windshield wiper timing belt
  • EGR compression release valve
  • clutch lubricant
  • fuel pump linkage
  • grease mounts
  • catalytic converter fluid
  • catalytic converter sand
  • suspension elbow
  • fuel filter backwash
  • tire rods
  • turbo encabulator
Attributed to a reddit post, but PF insists on rendering it as a media attachment.
 
DaveC426913, so logical to an extent that I was trying so hard to find logic but the whole point was to recognize the lack of logic. Dumb ideas that make no sense, but someone still tries to figure out how and cannot do it . EXACTLY! I should have recognized right away in the spoiler. Two things which just do not go together.
 
symbolipoint said:
DaveC426913, so logical to an extent that I was trying so hard to find logic but the whole point was to recognize the lack of logic. Dumb ideas that make no sense, but someone still tries to figure out how and cannot do it . EXACTLY! I should have recognized right away in the spoiler. Two things which just do not go together.
When I was an undergraduate, I worked the summers on ships.
My first time there they had me looking for a "universal coupler".
Its some joke thing they do to new people who don't know anything.
They made fun of me, but I didn't really mind it because I wasn't really working while looking for the "coupler" and I got to wander around the ship which helped me learn its layout.

Seems the same to me, perhaps without the educational aspect.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and Ibix
Screenshot 2025-12-21 at 8.50.00 AM.webp
 
It seemed like an extra n. I prefer Doner Kebab to Donner* Kebab. Not _ that_ hungry. Not yet. ;).
*Party.
 
The first computer dates back to Adam & Eve. It was an Apple with limited memory, just one byte. & then everything crashed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and symbolipoint
I used to feel like a man trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, sbrothy, symbolipoint and 1 other person
This one is SFW which, considering the source, is quite incredible:

croc.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, collinsmark, edwardII and 2 others
My brother dropped by for a visit with his daughter Denise, and the son, Denephew.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint, BillTre and sbrothy
WWGD said:
I prefer Doner Kebab to Donner* Kebab.
I prefer Blitzen Schnitzel.
 
What did the cat see when it went down to the beach on Christmas Eve?

sandyclaws.webp


Sandy claws.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nsaspook, jack action and BillTre
"Sandy Claws", a scene like that so neat, depends how the weather was that day, that time, that place. Some places having wet, wet weather along the coast and some bits inland. (The tough weather events in some places today.)
 
Last edited:
jtbell said:
I prefer Blitzen Schnitzel.
Which brings us to a movie by Richard Dreyfus: What about (Ke)Bob?
 
WWGD said:
Donner* Kebab.
jtbell said:
Blitzen Schnitzel.
Dasher hashbrowns.

Comet v...
Uh, never mind. :oops:
 
Before I sign a legal document, I check if there is a sanity clause.

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nsaspook and symbolipoint