Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
256bits said:
You need the Philosophy of Dilemma for Dummies book.
I can't buy it without reading "How to buy a book", which I can't read without reading "How to read a book"
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and 256bits
Physics news on Phys.org
256bits said:
What are the side streets ?
This and That would make a lot of sense.
For one, "One thing" leads to "Another".
 
256bits said:
What are the side streets ?
This and That would make a lot of sense.
Are you ready for this?
 
WWGD said:
Are you ready for this?
The street Are You Ready For This is the one behind you.
 
256bits said:
The street Are You Ready For This is the one behind you.
 
Might as well repost this one here.

This_That_and_The_Other_Street.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, davenn, DaveC426913 and 3 others
256bits said:
What are the side streets ?
This and That would make a lot of sense.
Thata?

Any and No?
 
A long time ago, I read a story about how Piscataway, New Jersey got its name.

A man stood on the bank of the Raritan River, fishing without success.

Another man walks up and asks, "How's it going?"

Man #1 shrugs in frustration. "Quo ivit piscis??" [Where did the fish go??]

Man #2 points downstream. "Piscis? Thataway!"
 
jtbell said:
A long time ago, I read a story about how Piscataway, New Jersey got its name.

A man stood on the bank of the Raritan River, fishing without success.

Another man walks up and asks, "How's it going?"

Man #1 shrugs in frustration. "Quo ivit piscis??" [Where did the fish go??]

Man #2 points downstream. "Piscis? Thataway!"
Not add better or more information about the topic, but just the name of the place:
Piss Cat Away
 
DaveC426913 said:
This is real by the way, not faked. It's in Nova Scotia:
I linked to it with the word 'here'. I guess I could have been a little clearer.
 
Borg said:
Might as well repost this one
How about this one: in Harahan, LA.
hickory_dickory_dock.webp

I think they re-constructed Dickory since I lived there. I remember my GPS used to say, take Hickory to Dickory to Dock.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, jtbell, davenn and 3 others
This one may be old by now.

1769460066126.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nsaspook, DennisN, collinsmark and 1 other person
My Apple News feed today has a "listicle" from Travel & Leisure magazine about the "Best Places to Live in Pennslyvania".

1. Philadelphia (OK...)

2. Erie (eh... maybe not in winter)

3. The Main Line (easy train ride into Philly, like this...)

IMG_1613.webp


Oops, wrong Bryn Mawr! This one is in Chicago. o:)
 
" What book would you take to a deserted island ? ".
A: " How to escape from a deserted island".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and jtbell
I wasn't sure where to put this one, but I put it here...

(I thought about posting in the Favorite Songs thread, but this is a sketch that is humorous 😄...
What is also fun is that a couple of very famous musicians participate in it (e.g. Mark Knopfler, Lemmy (Motorhead), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Gary Moore etc.; it's amazing that they managed to get so many to participate. I notify @pinball1970 of course. :smile:)

The Easy Guitar Book Sketch


Also on youtube here:

 
  • Like
  • Love
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrGreg, pinball1970, collinsmark and 2 others
Yup, for the last 15 years

1769987942087.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, BillTre, DennisN and 1 other person
My dyslexic friend lives in Koala , Florida.*
Edit: Coala, Florida.
 
Last edited:
  • Skeptical
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn and DaveC426913