Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
24852621_517557548610307_5405631890764192047_n.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 24852621_517557548610307_5405631890764192047_n.jpg
    24852621_517557548610307_5405631890764192047_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,742
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, Mark44, davenn and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Just read somewhere:

I make bad science jokes, because all good ones Ar.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary and collinsmark

Homework Statement


It takes George 45 minutes to install a bollard in the street but it only takes Alex 30 minutes to do the same task. They work together as a team. If George and Alex install 7 bollards in 2 1/2 hours how are they going to get home?

Homework Equations


R = G-W
Where R is distance remaining,
G is the width of the gap, and
W is the width of the vehicle.

The Attempt at a Solution


I reckon they’ll be taking the bus.

Bollards.jpg
 
Attachments
  • Bollards.jpg
    Bollards.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 836
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Godot_, Ibix, HAYAO and 5 others
So I just made this post on Facebook and thought it was too funny not to share :D

IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2259.JPG
 
Attachments
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,271
  • IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jehannum, Demystifier, HAYAO and 1 other person
The post gets the spin assignments wrong. You need a rotation by 360 degrees divided by the spin. 720 degrees for spin 1/2 (USB in the joke), 360 for spin 1 (USB as it should be) and 180 for spin 2 (USB-c).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, HAYAO, Hawksteinman and 1 other person
dkotschessaa said:
For Sale. Baby Rudin. Never read.
I did not get this joke when I read it just now, so I googled and saw it was a math book.
And I found a very funny review of the book: Hilarious review of Baby Rudin on Amazon.
Review said:
Finally, some people complain about the level of abstraction, which let me just say is not that high. If you want to see abstraction grab a copy of Spanier's 'Algebraic Topology' and stare at it for about an hour. Then open 'Baby Rudin' up again. I promise you the feeling you get when you sit in a hottub for like twenty minutes and then jump back in the pool. Invigorating.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, HAYAO and fresh_42
This gem I found.
9ae433f.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 9ae433f.jpg
    9ae433f.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 902
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and HAYAO
Science class in a nutshell.
b597691.jpg
 
Attachments
  • b597691.jpg
    b597691.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 796
I have once read, that Ludwig van Beethoven received a letter by his brother, signed: Johann van Beethoven, Landlord. It said, Beethoven signed his answer with, Ludwig van Beethoven, Brainlord.
 
28167951_841650646036623_4884940767376642238_n.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 28167951_841650646036623_4884940767376642238_n.jpg
    28167951_841650646036623_4884940767376642238_n.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and Greg Bernhardt
hahahaha

28058862_841032412765113_5584069674512780316_n.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 28058862_841032412765113_5584069674512780316_n.jpg
    28058862_841032412765113_5584069674512780316_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: hsdrop and fresh_42
always knew there was something fundamentally wrong with the world :wink:

28167300_840436819491339_4052527805218014972_n.png
 
Attachments
  • 28167300_840436819491339_4052527805218014972_n.png
    28167300_840436819491339_4052527805218014972_n.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 891
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, DrClaude, collinsmark and 3 others
mfb said:
Everyone is the center of their own observable universe.
Demystifier said:
It sounds like some version of the Copenhagen interpretation of QM. :wink:
Messieurs, précision, s.v.p.! The joke says the center and as there is none, it remains true.
It might be a philosophical topic: with people, there is a significant difference between observable and observed universe. Normally, things don't exist for people until observed. So clearly a QM interpretation, but is it really Copenhagen? I think it's more Quantum Bayesianism.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Demystifier
I thought it was going to be:
Does your dog bite?
No.
Going to pet... Ouch!. He bit me.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite.
Right. That's not my dog!
:biggrin:
To make this a science joke...
Seek medical attention immediately!
 
fresh_42 said:
The joke says the center and as there is none, it remains true.
There is the center of your observable universe, and this center is you. This has nothing to do with quantum mechanics.