Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
  • #1,541
I found a new girl that I like she has asked me out but I haven't said yes yet.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,542
Why haven't you said yes then?

• #1,543
Wow people on this forum are fast. The reason I haven't said yes yet is because where going to a party sometime in June and that is when I will say yes.

• #1,544
I believe the occasion is better suited.

• #1,545
Ahh, don't wait too long, though. How old are you?

• #1,546
mcknia07 said:
Ahh, don't wait too long, though. How old are you?

Listen to her. Waiting is bad. The girl I was head over heels for in high school asked me out and when I put her on hold for one day I missed out.

• #1,547
TheStatutoryApe said:
Listen to her. Waiting is bad. The girl I was head over heels for in high school asked me out and when I put her on hold for one day I missed out.

I disagree. Wait at least five to six months before saying hi again.

• #1,548
Cyrus said:

She could be pregnant and showing by then.

• #1,549
It aint going to be his so what does it matter.

• #1,550
Cyrus said:
It aint going to be his so what does it matter.

She'll be showing. Next day she could be pregnant too but at least you know she won't be showing.

• #1,551
Bleach12233 said:
Wow people on this forum are fast. The reason I haven't said yes yet is because where going to a party sometime in June and that is when I will say yes.

Don't be surprised if she finds another date to the party by then. If you're interested, say yes, otherwise, the implied answer is that you're not interested. Why on Earth would you think that a party sometime in June would be a better time to give her an answer than at the time she actually asks you out? How would you interpret it if you asked a girl/woman out and she gave you no answer?

• #1,552
mcknia07 said:
Ahh, don't wait too long, though.
I agree with the women here. Bleach, Listen to them - 'Don't wait'!

Just go out as friends and have a good time. She's not asking to marry you!

How old are you?
Apparently not old enough. :uhh:

Last edited:
  • #1,553
Astronuc said:
I agree with the women here. Listen to them - 'Don't wait'.

Just go out as friends and have a good time. She's not asking to marry you!

Apparently not old enough. :uhh:

I think he might be a real young one. It's not a hard concept to just man up and talk to her and keep it friendly for now.

• #1,554
mcknia07 said:
I think he might be a real young one. It's not a hard concept to just man up and talk to her and keep it friendly for now.
#1481 => He's 14.

Most guys at that age find it difficult to approach girls.

• #1,555
Cyrus said:

:rofl: I love Cyrus' answers to these threads!

• #1,556
Lol, Bleach my man. Playing hard to get is good sometimes. You'll have to keep her interested in YOU though that's the hard part... and with a party coming up she will probably go with another date...
If you feel however that she is REALLY into you and her going with another date is no problem then meh... I guess you could try sweeping her off her feet at this party. My guess though is that her going with another guy will make you mad or intidmidate you into not acting. As well I doubt you feel that she would still be interested in you.

This is a good way to gauge how much a girl likes you... but do it cautiously cause girls don't like being played around with. lol.

• #1,557
Hello today my friend spilled water on her Ipodtouch and know there really mad at him and also punched him in the stomach, what should he do? my friend likes her ALOT.

Last edited:
  • #1,558
Bleach12233 said:
Hello today my friend spilled water on someones ipod touch and know there really mad at him and also punched him in the stomach, what should he do? my friend likes her ALOT.
I can't help but wonder - "What would Cyrus do?" :biggrin:

• #1,559
Astronuc said:
I can't help but wonder - "What would Cyrus do?" :biggrin:
Whatever you wonder, it would be "wrong" and Cy would badger you for at least another 10 pages of posts. :devil:

• #1,560
Bleach12233 said:
Hello today my friend spilled water on someones ipod touch and know there really mad at him and also punched him in the stomach, what should he do? my friend likes her ALOT.
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that the 'someone' is 'her', whom the friend likes ALOT.

If the friend damaged the the iPod touch, then the friend should replace it regardless.

In the future, don't spill the water.

• #1,561
Its not damaged but she was angry at him for getting water on it.

• #1,562
Did he spill the water on accident, or was he doing it intentionally? If it was entirely an accident, he should stay away from people who will punch him for an accident. If it was intentional, then he should be apologizing profusely. Now, given the topic of the thread, is this "friend" actually you?

• #1,563
Moonbear said:
Did he spill the water on accident, or was he doing it intentionally? If it was entirely an accident, he should stay away from people who will punch him for an accident. If it was intentional, then he should be apologizing profusely. Now, given the topic of the thread, is this "friend" actually you?

Do you even have to ask? lol.

• #1,564
No sadly its not me it is actually my friend and I believe he did it intentionally. He was not going for her Ipod touch though with the water and he has already apologized many times I guess.

• #1,565
In the future, don't spill the water.[/QUOTE]

Sadly this is not me

• #1,566
Bleach12233 said:
Hello today my friend spilled water on her Ipodtouch and know there really mad at him and also punched him in the stomach, what should he do? my friend likes her ALOT.

The answer to this is simple: He should punch her back. If she takes off, it wasn't meant to be.

• #1,567
Saladsamurai said:
The answer to this is simple: He should punch her back. If she takes off, it wasn't meant to be.

second that. this is a great method... well what r u waiting for get ur notebook out.

• #1,568
That didn't work out so well for Vince of Shamwow

shamwow.jpg

• #1,569
i love that guy. do those things actually work how they do in the commercials?

• #1,570
Sorry! said:
i love that guy. do those things actually work how they do in the commercials?

Yes, she ends up soaking your money just like the Shamwow. You're going to love my nuts.

• #1,571
Cyrus said:
Yes, she ends up soaking your money just like the Shamwow. You're going to love my nuts.
already do sir.

• #1,572
:rofl:

• #1,573
Cyrus said:
That didn't work out so well for Vince of Shamwow

shamwow.jpg

That dude looks a little bit like a seedy version of my cousin Aaron, a 22 year old self made, non grad, used car dealer.

• #1,574
I have recently been fighting a lot with my girlfriend of almost 2 years. There is also very little sex lately. I don't initiate anything, because I'm very tired after work, and morning sex is a no-no for her. Any ideas on what should I do so this doesn't spiral out of control? I don't want to break up, but I hate fighting, and feeling like crap :(

• #1,575
Poobel said:
I have recently been fighting a lot with my girlfriend of almost 2 years. There is also very little sex lately. I don't initiate anything, because I'm very tired after work, and morning sex is a no-no for her. Any ideas on what should I do so this doesn't spiral out of control? I don't want to break up, but I hate fighting, and feeling like crap :(

Clearly it already has spiraled out of control. You are asking for advice on intimacy on Physics Forums.

Now I suggest you do what I told the other kid to do. Punch her in the face and see what happens.