1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Drawing circuits.

1. Feb 22, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Arudino (UNO) is a Microprocessor. As 13 I/O pins and 8 digital pins and 6 PWMs.

Untitled_zps71ae1232.png

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    PS4_zpsb530cf83.jpg
    the problem is I don't know how I can power it. I don't think the digital I/O plug can be used as a power source. So I don't know where the I/O pin 12 would go as well as where it would connect, with the resistor , along the circuit. Or How I can power the Arudino. Any Suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2013 #2

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I can't see your attempt to answer the question.

4. Feb 22, 2013 #3
    PS4_zpsb530cf83.jpg
    the problem is I don't know how I can power it. I don't think the digital I/O plug can be used as a power source. So I don't know where the I/O pin 12 would go as well as where it would connect, with the resistor , along the circuit. Or How I can power the Arudino. Any Suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  5. Feb 24, 2013 #4

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You appear to have deleted (part of) the original question :-( Please can you post the entire question word for word and links to any other info provided with it. The image at photobucket appear to have gone.

The Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the AVR microprocessor. There are official and third party boards available which may have different pin numbers or additional functions.

Are you using one like this??

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardUno

Do your pin numbers refer to pins on the board or on the microprocessor on it?

What is "it"? The Arduino Uno or the motor?

6. Feb 24, 2013 #5
    Untitled_zpsfa01715e.png
    Yes I'm using that one. The pins refer to the pins on the board. And I need to power everything with the battery. But I already know how to power the motor I dont kow how i can power the arduino.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. Feb 25, 2013 #6

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ok...

Check the spec here..
    http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardUno
    There is a section on the power requirements. The board has a regulator on it that allows you to feed it anything between 7-12V and it will make 5V for the microprocessor. So I would connect the 9V battery to the DC socket. The way you have shown the motor/FET is correct. The motor/FET should have it's own wires to the battery, particularly if it's a powerful motor.

They thoughtfully provide access to the 5V and 0V rails on pins on the board edge which you can use for the control switch (eg Pin 12) as follows... PS I've used a rectangle for the resistor. You should use the symbols in the question.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. Feb 25, 2013 #7

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

PS: As an alternative to the DC jack socket you could instead use Vin and Gnd pins for the battery. These are electrically the same. In other words the +ve pin on the DC jack is connected to the Vin pin on the board edge. Both go to the regulator.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted