How can I plot the altitude of a capsule during re-entry?

In summary, the purpose of computing trajectory profiles is to analyze an object's movement and predict future movements in various fields. The data used in this process includes position, velocity, acceleration, and time. The key components of a trajectory profile are the initial position and velocity, external forces, and time interval. Common methods for computing trajectory profiles include numerical integration techniques and mathematical equations. The accuracy of trajectory profiles depends on the quality of data and complexity of the motion being analyzed. With precise measurements and proper calculations, trajectory profiles can provide valuable insights into an object's movement.
phiska
Hi,

I need to plot as a function of time, the altitude of a capsule bringing astronauts back from space.

I have all the values required in order to calultate it but I'm not sure how i plot it as a function of time?

Is it simply a differential matter?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks

phiska

Physics news on Phys.org
phiska,

What are the "values" that you have?

re-entry angle, ballistic coefficient, initial altitude, initial velocity, density of atmosphere at different altitudes etc

Related to How can I plot the altitude of a capsule during re-entry?

1. What is the purpose of computing trajectory profiles?

The purpose of computing trajectory profiles is to analyze the movement of an object over time and understand its path and velocity. This information can be used to predict future movements and improve accuracy in various fields such as sports, transportation, and engineering.

2. What types of data are used in computing trajectory profiles?

The data used in computing trajectory profiles can vary depending on the specific application, but it typically includes information such as position, velocity, acceleration, and time. Other factors such as air resistance and friction may also be taken into account.

3. What are the key components of a trajectory profile?

The key components of a trajectory profile include the initial position and velocity of the object, the acceleration due to external forces, and the time interval of the analysis. These components are used to calculate the object's position and velocity at specific points in time.

4. What are some common methods for computing trajectory profiles?

Some common methods for computing trajectory profiles include numerical integration techniques such as Euler's method and the Runge-Kutta method. Other methods include using mathematical equations and simulations to model the motion of an object.

5. How accurate are trajectory profiles?

The accuracy of trajectory profiles depends on several factors, such as the quality of the data and the complexity of the motion being analyzed. With precise measurements and proper calculations, trajectory profiles can be highly accurate and provide valuable insights into an object's movement.