Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I How to measure a magnifying glass (I want to build a telescope)

1. Mar 15, 2016 #1
    I want to build a telescope and want to know which type of lense is better suit for this.
    Please any one help...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2016 #2

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

You will have to tell us more before we can give you any helpful answers. What do you want to use this telescope for? What is your budget, in time and money? What are your mechanical skills? What equipment and tools do you have access to?

There's an enormous amount of information here and elsewhere on the Internet; do more investigation and come back with more specific questions, and we will be able to help.

4. Mar 15, 2016 #3

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For a refracting telescope, which is what you imply, you certainly want to start with an achromatic or better yet an apochromatic lens. While multielement lenses are not cheap vs a single element lens they are necessary to reign in chromatic aberation, which would otherwise be intolerable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted