1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for supplementary physics book!

1. Sep 14, 2005 #1
    Hi all, first post here. I ran into this site after googling for some help with Epsilon-Delta proofs for my calculus course. I like what I see here! Anyway, on to my question:

I'm currently enrolled in a first-semester General Physics course that is algebra based, no calculus (though I am taking a first-semester calculus course as well). What I'm looking for is a book with lots of practice problems! My textbook (College Physics by Wilson/Buffa) has a good amount of practice problems, but once I've done with those I always want more to do - practice makes perfect, right? I'm currently doing the chapter on kinematics, and as such I want lots of kinematic problems of all types and flavors, but my text only has so much. So I'm looking for a book with a large amount of problems (ALGEBRA based) for all the different sub-topics that one would run into in a general physics course.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2005 #2
    If you want a book on specific topics, than find a Schaum on topic you are interested in. (I can't imagine a topic not coverd in Schaum)
    My recomendation on general physics, collection of briliant problems... Irodov - Problems in general physics. You'll find all kinds of problems there, problems that make you think.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?