Magnitude of Flux Density

In summary, to determine the magnitude of flux density required to induce a maximum voltage of 1v when a loop of wire is rotated at 600rpm between the poles of a magnet, you need to use the equation B = Flux x A and relate the rotation angle to time to solve for B.
Kev1n
1. A loop of wire between the poles of a magnet, the magnetic field is uniform between the poles. The are of the loop of wire within the field is 20cm sqaured. Determine the magnitude of flux density required to induce a mx voltage of 1v when the loop is rotated at 600rpm

2. B= Flux x A

3. I know A however can't figure out where to go next, any pointers please. I am not asking to be solved just pointers please

Physics news on Phys.org
Kev1n said:
1. A loop of wire between the poles of a magnet, the magnetic field is uniform between the poles. The are of the loop of wire within the field is 20cm sqaured. Determine the magnitude of flux density required to induce a mx voltage of 1v when the loop is rotated at 600rpm

2. B= Flux x A

3. I know A however can't figure out where to go next, any pointers please. I am not asking to be solved just pointers please

[tex]\frac{d\phi_m}{dt} = V_{induced}[/tex]
And
[tex]\phi_m = \int\limits_{A}^{}B}\, dA=BAcos(\theta)[/tex]

[tex]V_{induced}=\frac{d(BAcos(\theta))}{dt}[/tex]

You need to relate [tex]\theta[/tex] to time and use that last equation I gave you to solve for [tex]B[/tex]

1. What is flux density?

Flux density, also known as magnetic flux density or magnetic induction, is a measure of the strength of a magnetic field at a specific point in space.

2. How is flux density measured?

Flux density is typically measured in units of teslas (T) or gauss (G) using specialized equipment such as a magnetometer or gaussmeter.

3. How does flux density relate to magnetic fields?

Flux density is directly related to the strength of a magnetic field. The higher the flux density, the stronger the magnetic field.

4. What factors affect the magnitude of flux density?

The magnitude of flux density is affected by the strength and distance of the magnetic source, as well as the material properties of the medium through which the magnetic field passes.

5. Why is flux density an important concept in physics?

Flux density is important in physics because it helps us understand and quantify the behavior of magnetic fields, which have many practical applications in industries such as electronics, energy production, and medical imaging.