Bringing the Fun: Senior AP Physics Class Party Ideas

In summary: Pengwuino, do you live here?Seriously though, bring some cupcakes and donuts... and kit kats... and a video on relativity.Most of us aren't nerds or anything, you penguin!Thats what nerds would say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ahh i kid i kidI make something for parties that's really easy and fairly cheap, and tastes great. Start with Pillsbury weiner wraps, but put a pepperoni stick in lengthwise. (Weiners go in widthwise.) Lay a stick of medium cheddar cheese beside it, wrap it up, and bake
z-component
Since senior year of HS is wrapping up, my AP physics class is having a party tomorrow and I don't know what to bring. I could bring cookies, but that seems a little plain. Does anyone have any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Bring some donuts!

hot babes and beer!

oh wait ap physics?

notepads and whiteboards

Most of us aren't nerds or anything, you penguin!

In my AP Physics class all the girls dropped within the first week... Having a 9 person class was pretty good though...

Pengwuino, do you live here?

Seriously though, bring some cupcakes and donuts... and kit kats... and a video on relativity.

z-component said:
Most of us aren't nerds or anything, you penguin!

Thats what nerds would say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ahh i kid i kid

I make something for parties that's really easy and fairly cheap, and tastes great. Start with Pillsbury weiner wraps, but put a pepperoni stick in lengthwise. (Weiners go in widthwise.) Lay a stick of medium cheddar cheese beside it, wrap it up, and bake according to the package directions. I think that one can of dough makes about 10. It's even better if you have some salsa to dip it in.

Tortilla chips and cheese dip always seem to go over well at any party. If the party is at school, you'll be limited by what you can bring since you're not likely to have a way to heat up anything there, so better to just bring stuff that's pre-made. If you will have a microwave available, then an easy cheese dip is to get a block of Velveeta cheese, chop it into cubes, dump in a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes (they have chilis in them), and microwave until melted together (you'll need to stop it and stir every few minutes). The recipe is either on the Velveeta package or the tomato package, I can't remember, but it's so easy, you don't need the recipe to make it. It's a great cheese dip for parties (I've also used it for dipping pita bread or Fritos instead of tortilla chips).

I think that the hot babes and beer would work...

If not, bring chips, and coke. :) Something simple.

Thanks to everyone! These ideas are good so far. :)

z-component said:
Since senior year of HS is wrapping up, my AP physics class is having a party tomorrow and I don't know what to bring. I could bring cookies, but that seems a little plain. Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh boy, we're having a party from science research tomorrow. I also didn't know what to bring, and I just asked people, "I have no idea what I should bring, Just tell me what to bring, and I'll bring it." They told me to bring garbage bags :biggrin:
People just kept saying "cookies, bagels, chips, and [thousands] of sodas" so I was like, WTT!? Let's make it a little bit healthy. I'll bring a water :biggrin: (2)
Anyway, if you are willing to spend a lot of money, bring'em a cake, or some good cookies from a bakery store. Most people like them. Let's just think of something for everyone. Yeah, cookies sounds like the best choice. If you buy a gigantic amount, everyone will get, about 2 (assuming that there are about 30 people).

//edit
Almost everything else doesn't sound quite good except for chips. Large pack, I mean, really large pack costs about 4 dollars, and as far as I guess, that would be enough for half a class. It indeed would be cheaper than good cookies. I suggest you don't bring sodas :P

Last edited:
chips and dip. I like Tostitos and On the Border salsa (if they have that where you live) fresh salsa is the best though, and it's getting late.

Cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks.

Or, when properly rearranged, cocktails with pineapple and cheese sticks.

Cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks.
I don't like them on the same stick. How can you fit a whole pineapple on a cocktail stick anyway?

Evo said:
chips and dip. I like Tostitos and On the Border salsa (if they have that where you live) fresh salsa is the best though, and it's getting late.
That's one the snacks I like, but with Pace Hot Picante sauce. I also make a hot/warm dip from Velveeta and Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles. One can also use sour cream with various savory seasonings, or a dip of sour cream/plain yogurt into which curry is blend. That is good for chips and vegetables like broccoli.

If one wants spend some effort, then make guacamole dip. One can have it plane or with chopped onion and little cilantro, and add some lemon juice which will keep it fresh longer. This goes well with the sour cream dip and bean dip.

Why do you people keep referring to Velveeta as if it were edible? :yuck:

Astronuc said:
That's one the snacks I like, but with Pace Hot Picante sauce.
Have you tried "On The Border"? I don't like any of the jarred salsas, but this one is actually decent.

donuts holes

Danger said:
:yuck: I agree with you. I couldn't imagine actually eating the stuff...

Evo said:
Have you tried "On The Border"? I don't like any of the jarred salsas, but this one is actually decent.
I don't remember seeing "On The Border" in the northeast, but I'll look for it. Thanks! :smile:

Danger said:
Ordinarily, I don't go near Velveeta or anything that is not real cheese. But mix it with Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, it's not so bad.

Astronuc said:
Ordinarily, I don't go near Velveeta or anything that is not real cheese. But mix it with Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, it's not so bad.
I agree...that's the only time I eat it, when it's used as a cheese dip for a party.

Pickled chili salad is great, mix a load of salad leafs, must have rocket, crispy bacon bits, strong cheese, and choped pickled chili, drizzle with cheap olice oil, chop the salad quite fine so that it is fork food.

What is the purpose of a senior AP physics class party?

The purpose of a senior AP physics class party is to celebrate the hard work and achievements of the students in the class. It is also a great way to bring some fun and excitement into the learning environment.

What are some ideas for fun activities at a senior AP physics class party?

Some ideas for fun activities at a senior AP physics class party include physics-themed games, challenges, and experiments. You can also incorporate food and drinks that relate to physics concepts, such as a liquid nitrogen ice cream station or a soda and Mentos experiment.

How can I involve the students in planning and organizing the party?

To involve the students in planning and organizing the party, you can have them brainstorm ideas for activities and decorations, assign roles and responsibilities for each student, and have them work together to create a budget and timeline for the party.

What are some potential challenges in planning a senior AP physics class party?

Some potential challenges in planning a senior AP physics class party may include finding a suitable location, securing funding for the party, and ensuring that all activities and experiments are safe and appropriate for the age and skill level of the students.

How can I tie the party into the curriculum and make it educational?

To tie the party into the curriculum and make it educational, you can choose activities and games that relate to the topics covered in the class. You can also have students present on a physics concept or conduct a mini experiment to demonstrate a concept to their classmates.