Positive/Negative Pressure Control of Syringe using Compressed Air and Vacuum Pump

• Thread starter nanomoly
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I would like to try and set up a pressure control system in my lab using house vacuum and compressed air. Or otherwise using a compressed air source and vacuum pump.

I want to be able to control the pressure in a reservoir (a syringe) within the range of -15 to +15psi.

I was thinking that I can do this somehow by connecting the gas source and vacuum source in parallel with the reservoir and adusting flow using throttle valve to reach desired setpoint as read by a pressure gauge.

This is far outside my area of expertise and seems like something that should be fairly easy to do. I think the general way I have suggested may work but I am not sure of the specifics and anticipate there may be a better way.

I possible I would also like to be able to have computer control, in LabView for example.

Answers and Replies

anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
I would suggest an Arduiino or Raspberry Pi implementation. You can find suitable valves complete with the elecronics necessary to connect it to the computer, and open source software too.

Search the Arduino forums.