Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
Evo said:
This is random thoughts, if you have an interest in the topic, I suggest that you start a thread in the proper forum to discuss it. :smile:

Apologizes, this was a random thought I had while I was reading and looking at how the trees go back and forth in the wind.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sirsh said:
Apologizes, this was a random thought I had while I was reading and looking at how the trees go back and forth in the wind.
In a sudden wind gust the tree will lean in the direction the wind pushes it.
That represents potential energy in the tree has increased.
after the wind gust drops the tree releases that energy mostly in an attempt to get back to somewhere near it's original position.

Sirsh said:
That's ok, sometimes what starts as a random thought becomes an interesting thread.

I saw an odd title for an article this morning; "Airstream trailer reconstructed as a tiny house"
As far as I can remember, Airstream trailers were tiny houses, to begin with.

Psinter said:
Spiders are nothing but ultimate evil! Sorry, but we can't be friends. :-p I'm just kidding with you.

I like snakes and Amphibians. Amphibians are funny. Most are wet and gelatinous. I like to touch them.

This lady is awesome! Check it out: http://eugeniekitchen.com/rainbow-heart-cookies-eugenie/
Have you got any snakes or amphibians as pets? Some Cornsnake morphs have nice colours, eg. red, pink, purple or white with brown spots. They look really nice. But I would never touch them. :-)
Once I spent a few days googling about pet snakes because I was fascinated by the fact that some people have them so I wanted to learn more about it.

The rainbow hearts look cool! I really admire people who can create such things. It requires tons of patience and artistic talent which I totally lack :-)

Psinter said:
Spiders are nothing but ultimate evil! Sorry, but we can't be friends. :-p I'm just kidding with you.

I like snakes and Amphibians. Amphibians are funny. Most are wet and gelatinous. I like to touch them.

This lady is awesome! Check it out: http://eugeniekitchen.com/rainbow-heart-cookies-eugenie/

I like you, :oldfrown: no not you! the other one!

Silicon Waffle said:
I like you, :oldfrown: no not you! the other one!
The UK National Lottery uses (used?) The tagline "It could be you!" There was a TV comedian who ended a show once by pointing about thirty degrees away from camera and saying "...and remember: it could be you!" then turning to point directly at the camera and adding "...no, not you, don't be silly!" Sums up my feelings about the whole thing quite nicely.

Likes Sophia and Silicon Waffle
When you ask your significant other where they want to go out to eat and they say "I don't care", now you know where to go. :oldwink:

Likes Sophia
Sophia said:
Have you got any snakes or amphibians as pets? Some Cornsnake morphs have nice colours, eg. red, pink, purple or white with brown spots. They look really nice. But I would never touch them. :-)
Once I spent a few days googling about pet snakes because I was fascinated by the fact that some people have them so I wanted to learn more about it.

The rainbow hearts look cool! I really admire people who can create such things. It requires tons of patience and artistic talent which I totally lack :-)
Nope. Never had pets like that. But I live in what could be considerably called a forest and behind my house there are always snakes. I once saw a purple snake and my automatic thought was: "It's so beautiful." Never before had I said the word "beautiful" with so much heart in it. I really felt "beautiful" was what described it. When it went away I felt very sad. I was in a gentle begging voice: "No, don't go... Please don't..." I hoped I could see it again, but I never saw it.

On the other hand there used to be a lot of small frogs. I used to catch them and touch them as a kid. But something I don't know is going on. They are disappearing as the years go by. Globular warming perhaps? They were wet and gelatinous. Haha, funny to touch them.

I also used to catch this salamander-like creatures. They also felt wet and gelatinous. But I think they are lizards, not amphibians. Those are still alive, their numbers haven't decreased. If you turn the light of some room at night, insects come, then the salamander-like creatures come as well to eat the insects. They have some kind of transparency blended with their color and you can see when they have eggs inside.

Likes Sophia, Ibix and Silicon Waffle
Wow, @Psinter , there is no way that anything I write after your post does not come off as completely trite.

Likes Sophia
But anyway, it is Random Thoughts after all. My investment in heavy duty boots paid off, stepping on poodles of water with no consequence --and the boots were cheap, from a going out of business sale. And winter is always a good time to enjoy the soup places around.

Last edited:
WWGD said:
Wow, @Psinter , there is no way that anything I write after your post does not come off as completely trite.
:DD To be honest I had to search for the definition of "trite".

Psinter said:
Don't worry, it is an unnecessarily complicated word; could have just used "trivial" instead.

Likes Psinter
WWGD said:
Don't worry, it is an unnecessarily complicated word; could have just used "trivial" instead.
"Trivial" might cause allergic reactions to some of us. Would be interesting how many hours on average are spent on "trivial", "obvious", "clearly" or "as easily can be shown".

fresh_42 said:
"Trivial" might cause allergic reactions to some of us. Would be interesting how many hours on average are spent on "trivial", "obvious", "clearly" or "as easily can be shown".
You could say that again. Specially when programming:

"It was a trivial bug, yet it took me how many hours to fix?"

Psinter said:
You could say that again. Specially when programming:

"It was a trivial bug, yet it took me how many hours to fix?"
A bug? Not a transparent snake?

WWGD said:
A bug? Not a transparent snake?
I don't get it.

That's great Google! Now, what are my financing options?

Likes collinsmark
Psinter said:
I don't get it.

Just referring to your post on snakes, the "non-trite" one

Likes Psinter
Hell, THAT's what I call a starter kit!

Likes Psinter
Psinter said:
Can I find it on amazon or what!?

Likes Psinter
fresh_42 said:
Hell, THAT's what I call a starter kit!
Wonder if Elon Musk will put out something similar soon.

I'd be slightly worried about the delivery options. "You weren't in when we tried to deliver, so we left your package in the crater where your house used to be."

Likes Psinter and fresh_42
Ibix said:
I'd be slightly worried about the delivery options. "You weren't in when we tried to deliver, so we left your package in the crater where your house used to be."
Deliver person would likely throw it at the door too!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Deliver person would likely throw it at the door too!
Which would certainly be a good idea! I mean, to keep it in free fall ...

Likes Psinter and Greg Bernhardt
Psinter said:
Nope. Never had pets like that. But I live in what could be considerably called a forest and behind my house there are always snakes. I once saw a purple snake and my automatic thought was: "It's so beautiful." Never before had I said the word "beautiful" with so much heart in it. I really felt "beautiful" was what described it. When it went away I felt very sad. I was in a gentle begging voice: "No, don't go... Please don't..." I hoped I could see it again, but I never saw it.

On the other hand there used to be a lot of small frogs. I used to catch them and touch them as a kid. But something I don't know is going on. They are disappearing as the years go by. Globular warming perhaps? They were wet and gelatinous. Haha, funny to touch them.

I also used to catch this salamander-like creatures. They also felt wet and gelatinous. But I think they are lizards, not amphibians. Those are still alive, their numbers haven't decreased. If you turn the light of some room at night, insects come, then the salamander-like creatures come as well to eat the insects. They have some kind of transparency blended with their color and you can see when they have eggs inside.
Psinter, what a beautiful post! There's so much feeling in it. You have such a gift for observation.
You should write a book.

Psinter said:
Me too :-)

Sophia said:
Me too :-)
Now you both should look up the definition of "tripe" so you don't get it confused with "trite."

Likes Sophia
WWGD said:
I didn't eve know (some) spiders were poisonous.
word play, he mean't venomous :)

Of itself the human mind has no power greater than self deception. Hence the revolutionizing utility of the scientific method.

Lew's Corollary, Virtually everyone is clueless as to their actual motivations, hence the human condition.

Appropriate sources: An objective reading of the history of "civilization".

zoobyshoe said:
Now you both should look up the definition of "tripe" so you don't get it confused with "trite."
tribe?

Trust me, "tripe" is a gastronomic implement of torture.

Likes Sophia
einswine said:
Trust me, "tripe" is a gastronomic implement of torture.
I prefer ribs, no offense.

Ibix said:
:oldlaugh: That's so like them.
Sophia said:
Psinter, what a beautiful post! There's so much feeling in it. You have such a gift for observation.
You should write a book.
Thanks.
latest?cb=20130702050203.png

:biggrin:

Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
tribe?
'Tribe' what?

Psinter said:

Don't worry, as a non-native-English speaker you, Sophia, all others, do better than some 99.99% of native English speakers who can barely make a coherent sentence in other language, and in particular in non-Western languages.

Likes Sophia and Psinter