Random Thoughts part 6

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
I had a 12 inch subway with italian bmt, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and mayo. God it was delicious!

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I had a 12 inch subway with italian bmt, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and mayo. God it was delicious!
They now have a brisket sub, I will try it one of these days.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I do seem to get a lot of vegans tell me about it, even when not related to the topic of conversation.

Klystron

Gold Member
World feels like a better place to me after a bacon cheeseburger, or any reasonably-good meat. I just don't feel full-enough after most vegan-vegetarian meals.
Seriously, my late wife was Cordon Bleu -- a blue ribbon chef having owned several successful restaurants. True to the Master Chef stereotype her bad temper eventually destroyed employee relationships. Roast meats were her Kryptonite. She rarely ate the meat. Like her countrymen she loved the coagulated juices and fats beneath the roast.

I warned her about excess cholesterol but Thais do not always distinguish between "R" and "L" spoken sounds. She probably thought I was talking about building another colocation site and would nod her head; reply, "Yes, Honey."; and fall asleep with Blackie in her lap licking grease off her fingers.

She called everyone "Honey" and everyone called her Honey, as I was the only American who could pronounce her name correctly. Ironically, the English translation of her name is "Iris".

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I do seem to get a lot of vegans tell me about it, even when not related to the topic of conversation.
Sir: What time is it? YES, I AM VEGAN!!!! Er..., it's 2:15.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just listened to this song in my YouTube "Path" : " I just wanna fly" by Sugar Ray ( Sugar A?) . Don't get how someone is so passionate about finding a fly. Fly -fishing? Ok, dude, just catch a fly and you're done.

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Maybe the song has been recorded in winter.

Klystron

Gold Member
I never understood "I want to fly like a beagle...".
OK a flying dog sounds cool, but is he going to flap his ears?

JBA

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just listened to this song in my YouTube "Path" : " I just wanna fly" by Sugar Ray ( Sugar A?) . Don't get how someone is so passionate about finding a fly. Fly -fishing? Ok, dude, just catch a fly and you're done.
Decades ago when I worked in Nigeria, there was a joke among expats in Nigeria that goes:
When an expa first arrives in Africa and finds a fly in his drink, he becomes incensed and yells "Waiter, there is a fly in my drink!" and demands a new drink.
After a couple of months in the country, when he finds a fly in his drink, he just picks it out and drinks the drink.
After a bit longer in the country, if receives a drink with no fly he become incensed and shouts "Waiter, where is my fly!"

Hence: the song "I just wanna fly"

strangerep

Science Advisor
Continuing on from the very first response to this thread. What are your thoughts on the show that validates children's believes that they see and talk to ghosts?

I haven't watched it yet, mainly due to shows like this make me want to throw something at my TV. To me this seems criminal, between the parents raising their children to believe in such nonsense as well as these shows profiting a psychological issue in children makes me kind of angry.
Umm,... and what about every religion/cult that's been doing something similar for thousands of years in order to control and fleece a gullible population... ?

Klystron

Gold Member
Really? You've never heard of snoopy vs the red baron? (Try googling it.) :oldbiggrin:
No need for Google!

"Many men died tryin' to end the spree,
Of the bloody Red Baron of Ger-man-y..."

"Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more,
The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' up the score."

"Many men died tryin' to end the spree,
Of the bloody Red Baron of Ger-man-y..."

"In the nick of time a Hero arose,
A funny little dog with a big black nose..."

Now I get it!
"Fly like a beagle, to the Sea,
Fly like a beagle, let old Snoopy carry me..." dah-do-dah-du-du...

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Inner Voice/Outer Voice Part 2:

Me: I ask this woman: Do you know where the bathroom is?

A: What do you think I look like?

Me You don't want to know . Oops.

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Do you know these people who wait 5 minutes in front of the counter and when it's their turn they start to discuss and debate what to order? At McDonald's???

I turned and left. If I accept to wait I go for some real food.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
I thought about the Colonel, but then I had to cross the entire town. Döner would have won if they had a place to park.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I thought about the Colonel, but then I had to cross the entire town. Döner would have won if they had a place to park.
Why does Doner need to park? It is already there!

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Doesn't the TEE take you to Doner?

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
The Beagle video's for sale very cheap... you can have it for peanuts *

* For peanuts, from peanuts, by peanuts..and Charles Schulz.

HankDorsett

Gold Member
Umm,... and what about every religion/cult that's been doing something similar for thousands of years in order to control and fleece a gullible population... ?
Even though I'm on a science forum that's still a topic that I won't touch. It's nearly impossible to talk to anyone with extreme viewpoints regardless of which side they are on.

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Even though I'm on a science forum that's still a topic that I won't touch. It's nearly impossible to talk to anyone with extreme viewpoints regardless of which side they are on.
Indeed. Fundamentalism in <insert a subject of your choice> is the total opposite of a scientific attitude which demands the willingness to question everything and take nothing for granted without proof or evidence. Both create necessarily a contradiction if mixed.