1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Safety rules for ammonia

1. Feb 7, 2006 #1
    I know that in order to be helped we must present our thinking, but I cannot do that since my knowledge in this topic is small and I don't have time to make a search because I have to study for my math's test that is tomorrow. I hope you understand.

Imagine that you are going to visit a factory whose raw material is ammonia.

1. Refer 3 safety rules of the factory.

2. In what concerns the personal safety, how must people work in this factory?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2006 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry Pponte : Rules are rules, and we can't do your homework for you.

4. Feb 10, 2006 #3
    you can try google

5. Feb 10, 2006 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Presumably such matters are discussed in some detail in whatever text one is using for this course.

However, some hints: Ammonia is produced by combining nitrogen and hydrogen. Hydrogen is flammable, even explosive. Ammonia dissolved in water produces a basic or caustic solution. One cannot breath ammonia.

So ammonia may be considered a hazardous material, and when working around hazardous materials, one observes warning signs and familiarizes oneself with warning sirens, evacuation paths, etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?