Suggestion of a topic for a Statistical Mechanics project

In summary, the person is looking for ideas for a semester project in Statistical Physics that involves artificial intelligence. They have suggested exploring an Ising model on a graph and have also found some articles that may provide ideas. They are open to any suggestions and appreciate any help.
ppedro
Hi friends,

I have to do a semester project (analytic, computational, or both) for my second course in Statistical Physics - a graduate level course with great emphasis on phase transitions. It will be graded just 15% of the final grade (so, it is not necessary to elaborate exhaustively) and it should consist of some subject related with one of the subsections of this book https://books.google.pt/books?id=cc3pApnX3kYC&lpg=PP1&hl=pt-PT&pg=PR7#v=onepage&q&f=false , excluding chapters 1 to 3.

Now, I've been getting progressively interested in the subject of artificial intelligence (and also neuroscience) and I would like to find a project in which I could more or less intersect AI with Statistical Mechanics and explore some system. The problem is I don't have many ideas. Could you think of some project that I could do? And if so could you go even further and suggest me something in which I could build on and keep exploring and expanding into some research project in the future?

Something that came to my mind was to explore an ising model on a graph.

Whatever you can tell me about some of these thoughts would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks @jedishrfu !

What is Statistical Mechanics?

Statistical Mechanics is a branch of physics that uses statistical methods to explain the behavior of systems made up of a large number of particles.

What are the typical topics for a Statistical Mechanics project?

Some typical topics for a Statistical Mechanics project include phase transitions, thermodynamics, equilibrium and non-equilibrium systems, and the application of statistical mechanics to different fields such as chemistry, biology, and materials science.

How do I choose a topic for a Statistical Mechanics project?

Choosing a topic for a Statistical Mechanics project depends on your interests and goals. You can start by exploring current research in the field and identifying areas that interest you. You can also consult with your professor or peers for suggestions and ideas.

What are some important considerations when selecting a topic for a Statistical Mechanics project?

Some important considerations when selecting a topic for a Statistical Mechanics project include the availability of data or experimental results, the complexity of the topic, and the feasibility of completing the project within the given timeframe. It is also important to choose a topic that aligns with your research interests and strengths.

What are the steps involved in completing a Statistical Mechanics project?

The steps involved in completing a Statistical Mechanics project may vary depending on the specific topic and research methods used. Generally, the steps include conducting background research, formulating a research question or hypothesis, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting the findings in a written report or presentation. It is important to also review and discuss your progress and results with your professor or peers throughout the project.