What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views
ThomasT said:
youtube is blocked? Why is youtube blocked?

ThomasT said:

by the way,
thank you for posting octavarium :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I like peaches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcohzJvviQ
 
I've been thinking of people, also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxTsXRjNTw

the ghost inside?

bah! self defeatists...
 
You guys won't agree, but my vote goes to "Regulate" by Warren G.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how to classify this early Amy Winehouse song, jazz or soul, or a beautiful blend of both. I think she was 19 when she wrote and recorded this demo.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Rickie Lee's coming to town tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnMU7J7dAw
I love silly songs. :smile:
 
1. Check My Brain - Alice in Chains

2. Jars - Chevelle

3. I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin

4. The Fixer - Pearl Jam

5. Uprising - Muse
 
My favorite Rickie Lee Jones song:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2X9TDB7JwY
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
Rickie Lee's coming to town tomorrow.

Lucky you :cry:

... remedy: light a cigar, pour up some wine, and suddenly it’s April in Paris ...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTRVKL1P5DQ

... time to wake up ...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_pZLD073U

Anecdote: "Chuck E's" sounds exactly as "Tjockis" in Swedish, which means "Fat F*ck"... at parties we used to sing "Tjockis In Love" loud and clear when playing this song, silly yes, but fun back then... those were the days... :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3HeR6AuT5Y&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggd8mJ1QaNA&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMTZqx-hLs&feature=related

I like most of her songs. :smile:

She's Algerian btw.
 
drizzle said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I like most of her songs. :smile:

She's Algerian btw.

Well I'm glad you like them, but we can't get these YT songs in "our country" (USA)
 
Last edited:
SW VandeCarr said:
Well I'm glad you like them, but we can't get these YT songs in "our country" (USA)

AHH! There is a God after all! This happens to us Europeans all the time!

(:biggrin:)

Nice drizzle!
 
SW VandeCarr said:
Well I'm glad you like them, but we can't get these YT songs in "our country" (USA)
I did manage to view a version of the third one by searching on her name on the YouTube site. I didn't understand a word but she has a pretty voice.

Sorry DA :-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3i4nqrEsNc
 
chill out


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2pQl54HpM
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wondrous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4hRGk5ZK8&feature=related
 
New String Theories


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruc_Mh0L2ek


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XanI8Gy8TA


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQAfRXG-JW0
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Two new favorites. Jackie Evancho is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQvd6AnZrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7yiFlrUjzg
 
See... you really don't have to worry if your finger nails are clean... after all.





OCR
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! Rafferty and Stealers Wheel put out some incredible stuff. Flawless production values in Baker Street, including the great Sax.