What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views



The tune, Baker Street, brings back good memories of a time when I was selling lots of pot. The very laid back gay guys (who bought lots of pot) loved that song. On the other hand, the somewhat more aggressive biker guys (who also bought lots of pot) loved songs of this sort:
2VFJB-ZeVqM[/youtube] [MEDIA=youtube]2VFJB-ZeVqM[/MEDIA]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ThomasT said:
The tune, Baker Street, brings back good memories of a time when I was selling lots of pot. The very laid back gay guys (who bought lots of pot) loved that song. On the other hand, the somewhat more aggressive biker guys (who also bought lots of pot) loved songs of this sort:

Ehhhh... "very laid back gay guys"... "aggressive biker guys"... "bought lots of pot"...

This is not my mother tongue... but this can’t be anything else than I think it is... :bugeye:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEHKt9Ynxwo

Or, is it your turn to spoof me!? Hehe, running with The Devil... [avocado anyone?] :smile:

Nice Van Halen. Glam!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq0lYB3iSM

Next journey...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz95T6NsmMo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
Two new favorites. Jackie Evancho is amazing!

Gosh... she’s 11 years old!? :bugeye: A m a z i n g!
 
DevilsAvocado said:
Ehhhh... "very laid back gay guys"... "aggressive biker guys"... "bought lots of pot"...
I'm sure there were very laid back bikers as well as aggressive rough and tumble gays, but my experience was otherwise. :rolleyes:

DevilsAvocado said:
This is not my mother tongue... but this can’t be anything else than I think it is... :bugeye:
You write better than lots of (most?) Americans, imho. Still, I don't know what you're getting at by your statement ... or the Bob Dylan video. Personally, I don't, in general, like Bob Dylan's stuff. Though I can't deny that it's good.

DevilsAvocado said:
Or, is it your turn to spoof me!? Hehe, running with The Devil... [avocado anyone?] :smile:
Ok, my experience with bikers wasn't that extensive. :redface: There was one who was the boyfriend of one of my girlfriends' girlfriends (did I phrase that correctly?), and he liked Running With The Devil. I suppose that shouldn't be considered a representative sampling. :smile: Maybe the bikers were closet glam queens. I don't know.

And I never (well sometimes ... ok, somewhat often) spoof.

EDIT: Uh, is there a statute of limitations on pot selling? Let me say that I was just kidding about that. I have never sold pot. Ever!
 
Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Two new favorites. Jackie Evancho is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQvd6AnZrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7yiFlrUjzg

A new prodigy! Sounds a little like the young Streisand, only better, and she's only 11.
 
I heard a couple of great songs today. First, a (brilliant!) cover of Simon & Garfunkel's "Cecilia"



and second, Alison Krauss & Union Station - Dimming of the Day, brought me to my knees this morning, what a voice, what a song, what a great morning it turned into!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
ThomasT said:



The tune, Baker Street, brings back good memories of a time when I was selling lots of pot

Then this one's for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4jliLONDAc
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a productive day on youtube! Jimi Hendrix - Red House, does it get any better <3

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Adyssa said:
I'm having a productive day on youtube! Jimi Hendrix - Red House, does it get any better <3

Nope! THE KING :!)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZTPsrcfQSE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ThomasT said:
... EDIT: Uh, is there a statute of limitations on pot selling? Let me say that I was just kidding about that. I have never sold pot. Ever!

:smile: Thanks TT, I knew there was something fishy about this "Harry Pot'er" story... Popcorn & beer anyone!? :rolleyes:


P.S. Mr. Tambourine is real fishy guy, they say... :wink:
 
micromass said:
Aaah, the best guitar player plays a song by the best lyrics writer! I adore this song!

Yup! 1 + 1 = 3 = Goosebumps!


P.S. Lady Gaga can dress in all meat in the world, and she’ll never get close anyway... sorry Gaga... :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
When I first heard Jimi Hendrix way back in'69, I said it will never get better than this. It hasn't.
 
SW VandeCarr said:
When I first heard Jimi Hendrix way back in'69, I said it will never get better than this. It hasn't.

omg... did you see him live? :bugeye:

[I’m almost ready to donate one arm or leg to get this Experience... but it’s impossible... :frown: time machine anyone??]
 
DevilsAvocado said:
omg... did you see him live? :bugeye:

[I’m almost ready to donate one arm or leg to get this Experience... but it’s impossible... :frown: time machine anyone??]


No. He died too soon.
 
rootX said:


la la lla laaa!


I posted that one two or three years ago. When I was a kid that was one of my absolute favorites.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Two other favorites from that era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyuKUtgyZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Two other favorites from that era


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk

:smile:
 
rootX said:
:smile:

Every Sunday evening, from I think 7 PM to 11 PM, Dr. Demento played nothing but stuff like this.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Every Sunday evening, from I think 7 PM to 11 PM, Dr. Demento played nothing but stuff like this.
Here's my favorite from that show. For some reason, the DeZurik sisters also came to be known as the Cackle sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvKXEz2V3Q
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I posted that one two or three years ago. When I was a kid that was one of my absolute favorites.
She was a favorite for me, too. Paul McCartney gave her a start on the Apple label. Some of her stuff (like this song) got played to death. Other songs deserve more exposure. Inchworm, inchworm, measuring the marigolds...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another from the Dr. D show.

NaCl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTzawl3OmI
 
Jimmy Snyder said:
Here's another from the Dr. D show.

NaCl

I'll call your NaCl and raise you a Big Bruce [a Dr. D standard]

[edit: I should add for context that, generally speaking, homosexuality was firmly locked in the closet back then, so this was pretty wild [strange] for it's time]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6GaZzNX8U
 
Last edited:
This one was legendary in the Dr D world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

and some of Shatner's works are not to be ignored!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM
 
Does anyone remember this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XG-tZRdTzQ