What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
Kind of a cute video. For those who aren't familiar with Steve Vai, he is the guitarist that played for the devil in the movie Crossroads. Ry Cooder played Ralph Macchio's parts and Vai played his own.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrQobQMZYnY

Susan Boyle
Perfect Day
 
This is one of my favourite songs, from their album "Takk" but this version is from the "Heima" DVD and the footage is great. I will retire to Iceland one day it's so beautiful.

Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCJTTw2VOk

Here are the lyrics if you're interested. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Adyssa & Marco12 - correct syntax is not

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU [/noparse]

but

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU [/noparse].
 
Borek said:
Adyssa & Marco12 - correct syntax is not

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU [/noparse]

but

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU [/noparse].

Thanx :D
 
Borek said:
Adyssa & Marco12 - correct syntax is not

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU [/noparse]

but

[noparse]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9_tEzjtIU [/noparse].
Thanks Borek. It is much nicer to have the video displayed via PF in this thread rather than simply linking to YouTube as I had been doing.

And, thus, I will now seek out and display some tunes that I like and think others will enjoy. "The Best Songs Ever"? Well, it's a matter of taste. There's so much wonderful music out there that it's really hard to choose.

By the way, I think that this is the best thread on any website I've ever been to. Listening my way through it has been a joy of auditory discovery for me. (Did I phrase that correctly? Well, I think you probably know what I mean.) I've already heard lots of music that I really like and would probably never have heard if not for this thread, and I've only 'skimmed the surface' so far. (I'm going through it chronologically, from the beginning, as well as checking out the most recent stuff.) So I do hope that people will keep posting stuff that they like here.
 
Return To Forever - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy (From "Returns Live" DVD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiN8M2ul_9w
 
Return to Forever - Vulcan Worlds ... Live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxg1AoEz9p4
 
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBpUJcpiCg

Apologies if this tune has already been posted in this thread. One of my favorites.
 
Hall & Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Met James Brown in the late 60's in Cincinnati. He's a little guy. Wirey though. Gnarly face. Was drinking a huge glass of beer. Had a couple of (I guess) bodyguards with him. I said, "Hey, James Brown!" He said, "Hey!" I said, "Like your stuff." He said, "Thanks, glad you like it." Then I continued on my way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The 60's was a very interesting time. Music was changing. The public consciousness was changing. I was in San Francisco for most of 1967 -- selling pot to make a living. :-) Never really got into smoking it though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The song that will be posted here is brilliant! It captures the might of industrialization! Here is a soundtrack that would be most befitting for this site which is a glorious ode to progress!

Presenting Lindblum, the Industrial City:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Junior knows I like acoustic guitars and he showed me Ewan Dobson today:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Crank it and play it over and over.



Boz opened the show for Fleetwood Mac in Boston. The Eagles closed it out. Neither came to Boz's musicianship. As a host and sponsor of open-mike jams for years, I always appreciated his energy, and tried to emulate it. If you're not having fun, is anyone else?

BTW, his vocalists are dancing "Badger, Badger, Badger! Do not screw with them! Big-legged women rule in "da bluze".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cranberries - Ode to Family

"when I was young
And we didn’t give a damn
’cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-DJr1Qs54

And Jonell Mosser, just because the guy playing the chair just has a certain charisma about him:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhW3tH_uuJo

(For the life of me, I can't remember who originally recorded this song.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce on Fire


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7p1p66v8k8
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC REV IT UP!





Acdc_Ballbreaker.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And now it's time for Finnish music. Gap between these songs is 60 years. One is from old movie musical and another is parody. Nevertheless they are both good songs. You probably won't understand the lyrics, but I hope that doesn't ruin the experience.
This is Finlands greatest movie star Tauno Palo singing in musical SF-Paraati


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rED4GY_NqHU
And this is great song that slightly parodies Finnish music


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLfxMsYfTDo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
Vern Gosdin and Emmylou Harris - "If I Needed You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRUC7d8JDA&feature=related

You mean Don Williams and Emmylou Harris?

Actually, Vern Gosdin has some songs that end as badly as root's Long Lost Pen Pal. :smile:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdB0wqYjc3g

When it comes to songs so hokey, they become irresistible, nothing tops Marty Robbins. My favorite is Sundown.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYBPJBtph8

See, I would have had an alternate ending to that song.

Sundown wasn't able to enjoy a drink after that gunfight, nor could he listen to preacher's eulogy over the dead. There was no happy ending with the girls of the night. Poor Sundown had to walk to the next town, for one of Bill's shots killed the bartender and a second shot took out the preacher. Bill's third shot took out the belle of the bar and the bullet from Bill's fourth shot went right through the brain of Sundown's horse. And poor Bill lay still in the dirt, felled by the sign that fell from Bill's fifth shot. And Sundown had to walk with a limp as Bill's gun went off when it hit the ground sending a bullet through poor Sundown's foot.
 
Last edited by a moderator: