Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What would you throw in a black hole?

1. Oct 7, 2009 #1
    If you could throw anything into a black hole, never to be seen again, what would it be?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/blackholescience/" [Broken]

I would throw away the "Top Forty" list used to pick the music on the radio. Does anyone really want to listen to the same forty songs every day for a month. Oh wait, it changed hurray they swapped two songs around. Fantastic.....

Good bye, top forty list.

Ah on to the "Top Twenty list"

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2009 #2
    Cyrus, probably?

4. Oct 7, 2009 #3

drizzle

Gold Member

no, DEFINITELY

5. Oct 7, 2009 #4
    I would toss in my scanner, maybe another life form could get the D*$# thing to work.

6. Oct 7, 2009 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would throw in a white hole, and see if it makes a grey hole.

7. Oct 7, 2009 #6

jambaugh

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

String theorists!

8. Oct 7, 2009 #7
    My mother-in-law.

Or my '95 chevy lumina that's beat to hell haha

9. Oct 7, 2009 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ken Kesey - it was that stupid, drug infested, cross country bus tour of his that was eventually responsible for that stupid phrase, "His buddies threw him under the bus."

10. Oct 7, 2009 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would throw in all the conformists in the world, so all that would be left are the non-conformists, like me.

11. Oct 7, 2009 #10
    Why do you want to throw all the conformists? Just throw their leader, and everyone else would follow him:)

12. Oct 7, 2009 #11
    Sure it looks painful to jump in, but he must have done it for a good reason. Let me find my bathing suit...

13. Oct 7, 2009 #12
    I'd throw in another black hole just for the heck of it, oh and the language "new-Norwegian" ("Nynorsk").

By the way would the things we threw 'in' actually go in (does this make sense?), I mean from our point of view?

And is it illegal to say you would throw a person into a black hole?

14. Oct 7, 2009 #13
    I would like to throw all the people from the top ten countries in HDI scores. Recursively - until my country is in the top ten.

15. Oct 7, 2009 #14
    My husband? (joking... maybe)

My 95 bonneville (bought in vandalized, literally "beat to hell" condition) finally got towed off, or I'd've said that too!

16. Oct 7, 2009 #15
    I'd throw myself in just to see if I would pop out in another dimension or something.

17. Oct 7, 2009 #16
    an equally massive black hole.

18. Oct 7, 2009 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/08/04/pacific.garbage.patch/index.html" [Broken]

19. Oct 7, 2009 #18
    Good answer... I was thinking something along those lines (since I can't REALLY do that to my spouse).

20. Oct 7, 2009 #19
    A giganticball of infinite mass to clog up the black hole...like crap clogs up toilets :)

21. Oct 7, 2009 #20
    Now that's not very nice.:rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook