Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who shot JFK?

1. Lee Harvey Oswald alone

48.1%
  2. Lee Harvey Oswald plus a conspiracy of others

25.9%
  3. Conspiracy of others not including Oswald

18.5%
  4. Another single individual

7.4%
  1. Nov 21, 2004 #1
    In honour of the 41st anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy, I'm posting this simple poll: Who do you think killed JFK?

Lee Harvey Oswald alone?
    Lee Harvey Oswald + conspiracy of others?
    Conspiracy of others not including Oswald?
    Another single individual?

(my apologies if this is has been asked here before)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2004 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Stone did a good enough job in arousing suspicions about this ...

4. Nov 22, 2004 #3
    I actually just watched his 'JFK' last night (although I've been interested in the JFK assassination for years). I bought the movie a couple of years ago but had never gotten around to watching the whole thing. But, he does do a very good job and I'd recommend the movie to anyone that doesn't have a short attention span.

5. Nov 22, 2004 #4
  6. Nov 22, 2004 #5
  7. Nov 22, 2004 #6
    yepp that's what i was talking about. it's in pretty poor taste i think... i mean "violent" videogames are cool but to base something on a real life tradgedy is entirely different.

8. Nov 30, 2004 #7
    I find this game very insulting, who would think of such an idea, *gasp*. I guess if they can make it they will. Sometimes the media has no respect. :grumpy:

9. Nov 30, 2004 #8
    Say, I actually had an opportunity to view something on the so-called History Channel about this. What peaked my interest is they stated only 20% of Americans believed the official story.

10. Nov 30, 2004 #9
    I'm pretty surprised by the results of this poll so far. I would have expected more to think there was a conspiracy.

11. Dec 1, 2004 #10
    Because you forgot the "Didn't really die, he was abducted by aliens and is coming back as a zombie to conquer the world and your little dog too" option.

12. Dec 1, 2004 #11
    I like Smurf's view, that option should be added. :smile:

13. Dec 2, 2004 #12
    I just played JFK:Reloaded.
    The ballistics analysis didn't work for some reason, but the game it pretty neat.

14. Dec 21, 2004 #13

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The poll should have added a question: are you aware of any evidence that supports your position. I venture to say that those who choose answers other than the first will say 'no'.
    Stone's JFK is pure fantasy. It is good cinematic art but has no relationship to what really happened. Stone either doesn't care about the truth or he is just dishonest.

By the way, there are some very interesting physics aspects to the assassination. Nobel physicist Luis Alvarez actually wrote an elaborate article on this for Physics Today in 1976: see:
    http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol1/html/HSCA_Vol1_0216b.htm
    Alvarez actually got a few things right. But his understanding of the evidence is poor and his 'jiggle' theory to determine the shots is pretty much junk science.

AM

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?