Why Do Admins Keep Closing My RPG Threads?

• Thread starter elitemaple
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user's posts being closed by moderators, his request for help, and the potential legal consequences of constructing a homemade RPG. The user is convinced to give up his idea and other users express their disbelief and concern.
elitemaple
ok, to the admins, quit closing my rpg threads, i don't care if you guys think i am on my own with this one, what does that have to do with closing my threads, "oh, i see this guy is asking how to figure out the physics of his rpg, well, i don't know sooo...cllooossseeedd...there, if i can't answer, no one is." really, i would really appreciate some help and just because you selected few cannot help me why should you close it rendering help to me impossible? if it is possible can you "un-block" one of my threads so i can receive help? if not ill just post another shortly and i ask that you please, please do not close it so i may receive help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Feedback goes in the Feedback Forum, not the General Physics Forum.

elitemaple said:
ok, to the admins, quit closing my rpg threads,

Who do you think you are talking to? This website is privately owned and operated. We set the rules, not you.

i don't care if you guys think i am on my own with this one, what does that have to do with closing my threads, "oh, i see this guy is asking how to figure out the physics of his rpg, well, i don't know sooo...cllooossseeedd...there, if i can't answer, no one is."

That is not why your thread was closed. Your thread was closed because it was deemed unwholesome by the Staff.

really, i would really appreciate some help and just because you selected few cannot help me why should you close it rendering help to me impossible? if it is possible can you "un-block" one of my threads so i can receive help?

The best advice we can give you is to abandon this foolish project. You are more likely to hurt yourself than anything else.

if not ill just post another shortly and i ask that you please, please do not close it so i may receive help.

Do that, and you'll find yourself banned from this website.

fine, I don't care about the explosion and my parents were not to thrilled with my plan either, regardless of the CO2 cartridge i still have a perfectly good d-class rocket engine i would like to put to use, if i do a "virtual promise" not to do anything involving an explosion, will you help me then?

elitemaple said:
fine, I don't care about the explosion and my parents were not to thrilled with my plan either,

Glad to hear it.

regardless of the CO2 cartridge i still have a perfectly good d-class rocket engine i would like to put to use, if i do a "virtual promise" not to do anything involving an explosion, will you help me then?

Yes, model rocketry is a-ok for Physics Forums.

I posted it on the general physics front page. i hope to hear some input from you.

wow, on the front page :wink:

yeah, do you see it on any other?

It is quite possible that the construction of an RPG by an unlicensed individual, especially a minor, is illegal and thus constitutes criminal activity!

Model rocketry, with commercially approved and legally sanctioned model rockets is one thing, but constructing a missle with an explosive warhead may breach legal boundaries.

As ZapperZ indicated in one closed thread, PF does not condone the development of an RPG.

Astronuc said:
It is quite possible that the construction of an RPG by an unlicensed individual, especially a minor, is illegal and thus constitutes criminal activity!

Model rocketry, with commercially approved and legally sanctioned model rockets is one thing, but constructing a missle with an explosive warhead may breach legal boundaries.

As ZapperZ indicated in one closed thread, PF does not condone the development of an RPG.

elitemaple said:
fine, I don't care about the explosion and my parents were not to thrilled with my plan either, regardless of the CO2 cartridge i still have a perfectly good d-class rocket engine i would like to put to use, if i do a "virtual promise" not to do anything involving an explosion, will you help me then?

A little late on the post there buddy, If you haven't noticed there have been many people with views identical to yours and i gave the idea up.

At first, when I read this thread, I thought he was talking about a role-playing game. Now that I know what he's talking about, I'm going to have to go with that being completely insane.

SpaceTiger said:
At first, when I read this thread, I thought he was talking about a role-playing game. Now that I know what he's talking about, I'm going to have to go with that being completely insane.

My thoughts exactly! :smile:

after being conviced that, I also agree...now.

Related to Why Do Admins Keep Closing My RPG Threads?

1. What is "Stop Closing My RPG Threads - Help Needed!" all about?

"Stop Closing My RPG Threads - Help Needed!" is a plea from individuals who are frustrated with their role-playing game (RPG) threads being closed or deleted. It is a common issue in online RPG communities, where moderators or administrators may close or delete threads for various reasons.

2. Why do RPG threads get closed or deleted?

RPG threads may get closed or deleted for a variety of reasons. Some common reasons include violation of community rules, inappropriate content, lack of activity, or moderator discretion. It is important to read and follow the community guidelines to avoid having your RPG threads closed or deleted.

3. What can I do if my RPG thread gets closed or deleted?

If your RPG thread gets closed or deleted, the first step is to reach out to the moderators or administrators for clarification. They may have a specific reason for closing or deleting your thread, and they may be able to offer suggestions on how to improve it. It is important to remain respectful and open to feedback in these situations.

4. How can I prevent my RPG threads from getting closed or deleted?

To prevent your RPG threads from getting closed or deleted, make sure to follow the community guidelines and rules. This includes avoiding inappropriate content, being respectful to other members, and staying active in your threads. Communication with moderators or administrators can also help prevent misunderstandings and potential thread closures.

5. Are there any alternative platforms for hosting RPG threads?

Yes, there are many alternative platforms for hosting RPG threads. Some popular options include forums, social media groups, and dedicated RPG websites. It is important to research and carefully choose a platform that aligns with your preferences and needs for hosting RPG threads.