Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
OmCheeto said:
For PF it averages about 3.700 .
You mean for solutions people post on PF … 😏
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,056 6/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, I'm getting all 5 letters (in the wrong places) with my first three guesses and then two anagrams of the answer with not a single letter in the right place. What are the odds of that?!
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,056 6/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, I'm getting all 5 letters (in the wrong places) with my first three guesses and then two anagrams of the answer with not a single letter in the right place. What are the odds of that?!
Very interesting. I had only three letters in the wrong places and only one possible solution…
 
Orodruin said:
Very interesting. I had only three letters in the wrong places and only one possible solution…
For those interested in my game:
I-R-A-T-E
C-L-O-N-S
D-U-M-P-Y
A-M-I-D-E
A-I-M-E-D
M-E-D-I-A​
Full disclosure: I don't use lists to help me find the answer and English is not my mother tongue.
 
Interesting.
I probably would not have made that 5th guess since the positioning of the A made it impossible to be the correct word and you had all the pieces. MEDIA was the only possible option at that point I think so ensuring that the guess does not violate earlier guesses would invariably solve it in 5 at that point.
 
Orodruin said:
Interesting.
I probably would not have made that 5th guess since the positioning of the A made it impossible to be the correct word and you had all the pieces. MEDIA was the only possible option at that point I think so ensuring that the guess does not violate earlier guesses would invariably solve it in 5 at that point.
I should have known my 4th guess was not the right one either with the position of the 'E'. I just couldn't see what the word was, so I was trying anything that sounded like a word. (I didn't even know AMIDE was a word!)

With my 5th guess, I knew it couldn't be the answer, but I knew it was a word, I couldn't think of anything else, and I was hoping to at least find one or more letters in the right place to help me. In the end, knowing where NOT to put the letters is still a clue!

I always have trouble when I have all the letters in the wrong positions.
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,056 6/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, I'm getting all 5 letters (in the wrong places) with my first three guesses and then two anagrams of the answer with not a single letter in the right place. What are the odds of that?!
Well, your 4th and 5th words are not valid* solutions. Using all the words accepted, there are 2 sets of words with 13 words that are anagrams. Sets with at least 3 anagrams, as in your case, numbers nearly 1600.

example
legit solution words = 1​
accepted words
letters sorted​
count
0​
strae
aerst​
1
0​
stear
aerst​
2
0​
taser
aerst​
3
0​
aster
aerst​
4
0​
teras
aerst​
5
0​
tares
aerst​
6
0​
rates
aerst​
7
0​
tears
aerst​
8
0​
arets
aerst​
9
0​
resat
aerst​
10
0​
reast
aerst​
11
0​
earst
aerst​
12
1​
stare
aerst​
13

*The list of solution words is dynamic, so don't carve my statements into stone. I wouldn't be surprised if TASER has been added to the list. And ASTER is a type of flower, so gardeners might be familiar with that.
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1.057 3/6*

🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Started on #1056 too late and it really troubled me. I used so much time that suddenly I was solving the next one instead and well… that, strangely, wasn’t so hard.

 
Wordle 1,058 2/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel pretty good about getting this one in two. It took me quite a while.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and Herman Trivilino
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,058 2/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel pretty good about getting this one in two. It took me quite a while.
I had three words left after the first guess. Should have gone with my second instinct first.