Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 2,009
- 988
Then there is Zip to compress data. So there would a word relating to uncompressing the data.sbrothy said:I can imagine one at least. I've been told to zip it before. In more than one context. :) but perhaps not in as few or exact words.
My penultimate attempt was "UNRIP" and that made the solution clear. I suspect a native speaker would have skiped that one but who knows. Funnily, I enlisted a person I consider quite intelligent (but unfortunately in the social department. Not word-wise). In the the end he was no help.
I could have used some scrabble help site or merriam but that would just have been sad. If I did I might as well just ask ChatGPT. (Ironically, The quality of the help would probably be the same).
No, if it takes another try then so be it. What counts is I get it.
If I'm the the only non-native speaker participating I'll be darned if I'll stoop to cheating!
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 676 3/6















- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 676 5/6

























- 20,819
- 28,467
This was a mean word. Did I say a word? I mean it was a mean abbreviation, except for in Paris.scottdave said:Wordle 676 5/6
![]()
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 677 5/6

























Forgot to enable hardmode. So it goes.
You didn't find it too easy I see. That's a comfort at least.
My method may be too heuristic as opposed to... yeh you know...
Forgot to enable hardmode. So it goes.
You didn't find it too easy I see. That's a comfort at least.
My method may be too heuristic as opposed to... yeh you know...
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
My French is a little rusty. Could you maybe explain that joke to me? I'm not the fastest moped in these woods.fresh_42 said:This was a mean word. Did I say a word? I mean it was a mean abbreviation, except for in Paris.
My Russian on the other hand. Had only 80% truancy so I kinda maybe know the cyrillic alphabet. Or not.
- 16,098
- 9,306
Wordle 676 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 677 5/6

























- 20,819
- 28,467
Metro is the Paris subway. Otherwise, I only know it as an abbreviation of metropolitan. That's probably the reason for the name of the Paris underground railway, too, but it has become its official name: le mΓ©tro (de Paris).sbrothy said:My French is a little rusty. Could you maybe explain that joke to me? I'm not the fastest moped in these woods.
My Russian on the other hand. Had only 80% truancy so I kinda maybe know the cyrillic alphabet. Or not.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Oh you were referring to #676. I think that's what threw me off completely.fresh_42 said:Metro is the Paris subway. Otherwise, I only know it as an abbreviation of metropolitan. That's probably the reason for the name of the Paris underground railway, too, but it has become its official name: le mΓ©tro (de Paris).
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 677 4/6




















Swamp Thing
- 1,076
- 844
- 16,098
- 9,306
Wordle 677 3/6















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 678 4/6




















- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 677 6/6






























OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 678 4/6




















- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 678 3/6















- 16,098
- 9,306
Wordle 678 3/6















- 2,009
- 988
Living in the outer suburbs of Houston, I remember when we had to have a Metro number if we wanted to call Houston and not be a long-distance call.fresh_42 said:This was a mean word. Did I say a word? I mean it was a mean abbreviation, except for in Paris.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 679 4/6




















Forgot to post the last one I think. I'm pretty satisfied with myself with this one. Regardless if you did/will do better.
Forgot to post the last one I think. I'm pretty satisfied with myself with this one. Regardless if you did/will do better.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 679 6/6






























OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 679 4/6




















- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 679 4/6




















- 16,098
- 9,306
Wordle 679 3/6















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 680 5/6
























