Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 684 5/6

























- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 684 5/6

























- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 684 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
I used the word "rebut" somewhere on PF and thought I could try it as a first guess. Honestly, I wouldn't have forgiven myself if it had been "rebut" and I hadn't tried. Then I used "punch". Mainly to test the "h" which occurs in so many words in English (th, gh, wh, sh, ch), and to check a different position for "u". I thought about "un***" first, but couldn't find a nice word without "r,t,e" so I ended up with "punch" as my second guess. Now I had the correct position of the "u" and a "p" at position 3, 4, or 5. Well, "guppy" was perfect. It cleared "g", cleared the "y" at the end in case of an adverb or adjective, and simultaneously check 2 out of 3 possible positions for "p". And they used biology on several occasions before. I expected that after "guppy" I would be in a comfortable position for my 4th guess. It turned out I actually was.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Remind me to undelete my answer. I typed and deleted it before I forget how I solved #684. I even forget the word from the previous day, or at least confuse the correct order of the three last ones or so.gmax137 said:Wordle 684 4/6
a lucky choice here
well played, maybe tomorrow you can reveal your first & second words?
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 685 5/6

























- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 685 5/6

























- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 685 4/6




















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 685 4/6




















Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
Me too. I solve these on scraps of paper, backs of envelopes, etc. They are forgotten faster than solved.fresh_42 said:I even forget the word from the previous day
I know this feeling.fresh_42 said:Honestly, I wouldn't have forgiven myself if it had been "rebut" and I hadn't tried.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 686 5/6

























- 20,819
- 28,467
Let's do another survey.
Mine is (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) = (10,68,124,81,30,10).
Mine is (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) = (10,68,124,81,30,10).
Last edited:
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 686 3/6















4, 26, 139, 204, 82, 20, 0
4, 26, 139, 204, 82, 20, 0
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 686 3/6















- 20,819
- 28,467
@sbrothy and @scottdave are you still there?
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 687 3/6















- 2,009
- 988
Yes I'm still here. Just busy for a couple of days.fresh_42 said:@sbrothy and @scottdave are you still there?
Here's my 1-7: (0, 2, 18, 45, 28, 15, 3)
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 687 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 687 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 688 3/6















- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 688 6/6





























cutting it close
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 688 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 688 3/6














