Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 709 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩I guessed both ETUDE and PLUME and what does it end up being? I feel cheated.
 
Wordle 712 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is the worst set of stats I recall seeing. 40 times more people failed to solve this game than usual.
 
fresh_42 said:
So did I, and my hole was even deeper.
Still, you managed to tunnel through.
 
scottdave said:
Wordle 712 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
That was a little close.
This was definitely not what it said to be!
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 712 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is the worst set of stats I recall seeing. 40 times more people failed to solve this game than usual.
 
fluidistic said:
.... It was all fun until she got a word in 1 shot ("fumer" -- to smoke, in French). I got twice words in 2 shots but I never reach her record. We don't play anymore.
Getting in 1 guess is just lucky. You could imprive your odds by keeping track of prior winning words and never start with one of those.
 
scottdave said:
Getting in 1 guess is just lucky. You could imprive your odds by keeping track of prior winning words and never start with one of those.
As far as I recall they picked the same word like 1 month later or so. So, I wouldn't count on it. But that's good, this means they probably draw uniformly randomly from their small list of possible words, without removing the words.