Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
"Phew, what a day! A Jack Daniels, please."
"You're at McDonald's here!"
"Oh sorry, my bad. A McDaniels. please!"
"You're at McDonald's here!"
"Oh sorry, my bad. A McDaniels. please!"
edwardII
- 1
- 803
- 19,385
- 15,622
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
I thought all the mood rings had lost their power. Like, oh, 35 years ago?phinds said:
- 19,385
- 15,622
Consumer items fueled by stupidity occasionally resurface. I'm still waiting for pet rocks to come back.gmax137 said:I thought all the mood rings had lost their power. Like, oh, 35 years ago?
- 20,819
- 28,467
I suggest selling "Cpt. Cook 1st contact colorful glass beads" at "influencers" promising to exceed their number of followers.phinds said:Consumer items fueled by stupidity occasionally resurface. I'm still waiting for pet rocks to come back.
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 13,926
- 16,804
You ain't nothin' but a hound-targ
Cryin' all the time.
Cryin' all the time.
- 22,832
- 14,880
How about the classics?
muSHa' muSwI', muSHa' QaQ, reH yIchaw'Qo'. yInwIj naQmoH SoH, 'ej jIH muSHa' SoH.
muSHa' muSwI', muSHa' QaQ, reH yIchaw'Qo'. yInwIj naQmoH SoH, 'ej jIH muSHa' SoH.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Jay: You do know Elvis is dead, right?
Kay: No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home.
Kay: No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home.
- 13,926
- 16,804
"He loved loves, good love. You love my life, and I love you," according to the first working translator I found. Which I presume means is an automangled version of "Love me, love the life I lead"?Orodruin said:How about the classics?
muSHa' muSwI', muSHa' QaQ, reH yIchaw'Qo'. yInwIj naQmoH SoH, 'ej jIH muSHa' SoH.
Marc Okrand is the linguist who was hired to create the Klingon language for Star Trek VI. He created it without a verb "to be" (I'm not sure if that was just for fun, or a nod to Russian and the Klingons' history as a cold war enemy to the Federation). Star Trek VI, of course, is the origin of the "you have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon" line and Okrand said that literally the first question he was asked on the set was "how do you say 'To be, or not to be' in Klingon?"
- 22,832
- 14,880
It is ChatGPT’s translation of the first verse of Love me tenderIbix said:"He loved loves, good love. You love my life, and I love you," according to the first working translator I found. Which I presume means is an automangled version of "Love me, love the life I lead"?
- 20,819
- 28,467
There's a lot that gets lost in transliteration:Orodruin said:It is ChatGPT’s translation of the first verse of Love me tender
But you're partly excused. PF doesn't accept Klingon typesetting. I had to take pictures from my OO text.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Laughing too loudly is illegal in Hawaii.
You are only allowed a low ha.
You are only allowed a low ha.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
docnet
- 796
- 487
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Or yoyos! ;)phinds said:Consumer items fueled by stupidity occasionally resurface. I'm still waiting for pet rocks to come back.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Seriously, this one might be in violation of the rules so I hope a moderator will be quick and give me the benefit of fuzzy borders. Else just delete it. Just couldn’t help it with it’s Lamarckian point:
https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/stretch
https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/stretch
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
- 19,385
- 15,622
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Maybe more black than lame. ;)phinds said:
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8