Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
20221207_125808.webp
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN, Ibix and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
Why do Marxists only drink herbal tea? Because proper tea is theft.

OMG. A moderator should almost force you to apologize for that one! :woot:

But OK, I'm not a good example.
 
jack action said:
Why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies, when you cook bacon and bake cookies?
And park in the driveway while driving in the parkway.
 
  • Like
  • Agree
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, jtbell and Ibix
IMG_1465.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy, DennisN, WWGD and 1 other person
WWGD said:
And park in the driveway while driving in the parkway.
Why do "Flammable" and "Inflammable" mean the same thing?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits and WWGD
Ivan Seeking said:
Why do "Flammable" and "Inflammable" mean the same thing?
Regardless or Irregardless of which is the case!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and Ivan Seeking
Ivan Seeking said:
Why do "Flammable" and "Inflammable" mean the same thing?
De seat and deceit are different in meaning and spelling.

As in,
Don't cause a ruckus with deceit while flying, as the stewardess may have cause to authorize you to lose de seat. .
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, sbrothy, WWGD and 1 other person
256bits said:
The seat and deceit are different in meaning and spelling..
When you walk with low quality shoes, you experience the agony of the feet . When you lose, you experience the agony of defeat.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and 256bits
Lancelot: With Excalibur, I will slice this rock into two.
Thor: With my Hammer, I will fracture this rock into two too.
Aphrodite: My new dresses. With my powers of Love, I command you to admire my two tutu too.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy, WWGD and BillTre
256bits said:
Lancelot: With Excalibur, I will slice this rock into two.
Thor: With my Hammer, I will fracture this rock into two too.
Aphrodite: My new dresses. With my powers of Love, I command you to admire my two tutu too.
I changed attire to change a tire.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits and BillTre
sbrothy said:
In an episode of Family Guy Peter's father-in-law, Carter, complains that he can't turn of Amber (and I guess the entire spectrum of other colors you've got over there by now) Alerts on his phone. I looked the phenomenon up (I mean how many wanted to turn them off, not what they are) and was a little taken aback.

Now I can understand if you, by some error, get some that are relevant to an area 1500km away, but is it really that much trouble to be a little on the look out for some poor missing person, children or otherwise?

I've seen the indifference around me mind (grown people ignoring a crying 8-9 year old girl who's obviously, at a glance, lost, alone and afraid) and I just don't get it! Many of these people must have children themselves! Am I surrounded by psychos or is it just laziness?
In what way does that post belong in the joke thread?
 
  • Agree
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and Bystander
WWGD said:
Tell him if he drops something, ** I will pick it up **.;
You should be OK. He's not a member of the LGPTQ++.

How to know?
WARNING REDNECK JOKE.
How to know if you might be gay?
You ride around on a bi-cycle.
 
phinds said:
In what way does that post belong in the joke thread?
Well, my confusion sprang from a lame joke, but point taken. I can see it is a bit of a downer.

EDIT: I removed it. No reason to bring people down. I see that.
EDIT2: Sheez, and the time is 03:34 here! No wonder I'm getting extra scatterbrained.
 
phinds said:
In what way does that post belong in the joke thread?
You now entering another dimension. Your next stop is step 2 of Lame Jokes?

Step 1: Laugh when it's told.
Step 2: Laugh when it's explained.
Step 3: Laugh when you finally get it.

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind ... a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination—your next stop, the Twilight Zone.
—Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone, introduction
 
256bits said:
You now entering another dimension. Your next stop is step 2 of Lame Jokes?

Step 1: Laugh when it's told.
Step 2: Laugh when it's explained.
Step 3: Laugh when you finally get it.


—Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone, introduction
In this case I actually like Futurama's version better! :smile:

EDIT:

Imagine if you will, an announcer you can barely understand, he refers to a (mutters), but you're not quite sure what he said. He seems to be eating something, or perhaps he's a little drunk. It's remotely possible that he just said something about the Scary Door.
---- https://futurama.fandom.com/wiki/The_Scary_Door


EDIT: OMG It's Futurama. OK definitely bedtime now. I had my sleep cycle punched out of sync....
 
sbrothy said:
Sheez, and the time is 03:34 here!
Is your fridge running?

I had to ask to keep you alert.
 
256bits said:
Is your fridge running?

I had to ask to keep you alert.
I suspect you hope I'll go on a polar adventure in there!
 
sbrothy said:
I suspect you hope I'll go on a polar adventure in there!
My mind wanders sometimes.
I then have to go out looking for it.
 
256bits said:
My mind wanders sometimes.
I then have to go out looking for it.
I kinda recognize the problem. Although with my scatterbrain it's a little all over the place, so harder to find. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it really were in the fridge. :smile:
 
I didn't realize until I was about to post this, that it's a BOGO, or as we said when I was a kid, a "twofer."

IMG_1467.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, BillTre, jack action and 1 other person
Why do we call a "buy one get one free" offer a BOGO?

Because BOGOF sounds too much like "bug off!"
 
  • Agree
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint, BillTre and phinds
mjc123 said:
In the UK we say BOGOF. Never heard the term BOGO.
(Maybe that's related to the way we pronounce Van Gogh?)