Homework Help on Kirchoff's Laws and Magnetic Induction

In summary, Homework statement is trying to solve problem 2 of homework 8, but is confused because the problem says 0.04T to 0.3 T. What do you mean the answer should be in Webers?. What do you mean the answer should be in Webers?.
Dhooy7

Homework Statement

I am stuck on 2 and 3.

I attached all the problems and variable and unknowns

Homework Equations

I attached my work for 1, 2, and 3. I'm not sure if it is right though. [/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

Can someone check my work for problems 1, 2, 3 and 4?

The equations, attempts and relevant information is attached!

I'm stuck on 4-13 but have no answers or don't know where to start

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Scan0003.jpg
    Scan0003.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 309
  • hw 8 physics.pdf
    210.7 KB · Views: 328
Physics news on Phys.org
In second problem of your attached pdf ,unit of magnetic flux is given to be tesla,it is incorrect.It should be Wb.
Then the problem becomes easy.Just apply faraday's law of electromagnetic induction.
One more thing ,in faraday's law make sure you have included number of loops.

Last edited:
gracy, I am confused because the problem says 0.04T to 0.3 T. What do you mean the answer should be in Webers?

Dhooy7 said:
. What do you mean the answer should be in Webers?
I am not talking about answer rather second QUESTION.

What do you mean second Question? . From homework 8, I am looking at problem 2.

Dhooy7 said:
From homework 8, I am looking at problem 2.
Yes ,I am talking about that only.

So it should be 0.26 Webers? Or are you saying I need to convert that to webeters to use it in the emf equation?

Ok.Just look at faraday's law f electromagnetic induction,and tell me it has magnetic flux or magnetic field?

In problem 1, you can use fewer equations: Naming the loop currents L1 and L2, they must be:

Loop 1: 8V - L1*50Ω - 10V - L1*200Ω + L2*200Ω = 0
Loop 2: 40V - L2*200Ω + L1*200Ω + 10V= 0

The voltage change over R3 is caused by both L1 and L2 as they both pass R3.

Having solved L1 and L2, you can easily calculate I1 = L1, I2 = L2, I3 = L1 - L2

magnetic flux.

Dhooy7 said:
magnetic flux.
Good.What is the unit of flux?

I guess I don't understand where you are going with this.

In the book it uses m^2T

Dhooy7 said:
In the book it uses m^2T
For what?

magnetic flux.

Yes.Actually magnetic flux SI unit is Weber (symbol Wb)And one weber per square metre is one tesla(T)
I hope you now understand what is wrong with the problem 2 of homework 8,

It's the units for flux to use

Did I do 3 and 1 correctly?

Can anyone give me assistance on 4-13 on how to start. I've looked in my book several times.

So what is your answer of problem 2 of homework 8,?

The emf was right. It was 0.37 V.

What are Kirchoff's Laws and how are they used in homework help?

Kirchoff's Laws are a set of fundamental principles that govern the behavior of electric circuits. They are used in homework help to analyze and solve problems related to circuits and circuit elements.

What is the difference between Kirchoff's Current Law and Kirchoff's Voltage Law?

Kirchoff's Current Law states that the total current entering a junction in a circuit must be equal to the total current leaving the junction. Kirchoff's Voltage Law states that the sum of all voltage drops in a closed loop must be equal to the sum of all voltage rises in the same loop.

How do I apply Kirchoff's Laws to solve problems in magnetic induction?

Kirchoff's Laws can be applied to problems in magnetic induction by using them to analyze the behavior of circuits containing inductors and other magnetic elements. These laws can help determine the magnitude and direction of induced voltage and current in a circuit.

What are some common mistakes when applying Kirchoff's Laws to homework problems?

Some common mistakes when applying Kirchoff's Laws include not properly labeling circuit elements, not considering the direction of current and voltage, and not properly applying the laws to both series and parallel circuits. It is important to carefully follow the steps of analysis and double check calculations to avoid these mistakes.

Are there any real-world applications of Kirchoff's Laws and magnetic induction?

Yes, Kirchoff's Laws and magnetic induction have many real-world applications, including in the design and operation of electric motors, generators, transformers, and other electrical devices. They are also used in industries such as power generation, telecommunications, and electronics.