How to calculate what a voltmeter measures with multiple resistors?

So, if you do not mind, please show your work on the first problem. There is more than one way to do it, so it is not too late.
Rasias
Homework Statement
Calculate what the voltmeter measures
Relevant Equations
Req=R1+R2+...+Rn
I tried to solve it by removing the voltmeter and simplifying it to just one resistor, then calculate the individual volts and then the deltaV, but still didn't found the answer, can you guys help me?
Screenshot_2019-04-06-22-50-03.png

Physics news on Phys.org
If you take out the voltmeter for the moment, do you see that you have two voltage dividers? Does that help?

Rasias said:
still didn't found the answer,
Per forum rules, please post your attempt.

What if you redraw the circuit? Redraw, without the voltmeter, and with R1 & R3 in a straight vertical line, and parallel to that, R2 & R4 in a straight vertical line. The new drawing should be equivalent to the original (ignoring the lack of the voltmeter). Now, as @lewando said, do you see that you have two voltage dividers? If you want help understanding how leaving the voltmeter out (for analysis purposes) can be valid, just ask for another hint.

haruspex said:
Per forum rules, please post your attempt.
This is not haruspex being excessively fussy -- Physics Forums scolds us if we do not require you to make an attempt. And it will help your learning process. (In fact, I might be scolded for the tip I gave you earlier.)

1. How do you calculate the total resistance of a circuit with multiple resistors?

The total resistance of a circuit with multiple resistors can be calculated using the formula: Rtotal = R1 + R2 + ... + Rn, where R1, R2, ..., Rn are the individual resistances in the circuit.

2. What is the formula for calculating voltage in a circuit with multiple resistors?

The formula for calculating voltage in a circuit with multiple resistors is Vtotal = V1 + V2 + ... + Vn, where V1, V2, ..., Vn are the individual voltages in the circuit.

3. How do you use Ohm's law to calculate voltage in a circuit with multiple resistors?

Ohm's law states that voltage (V) is equal to current (I) multiplied by resistance (R), or V = I x R. To calculate voltage in a circuit with multiple resistors, you would need to first calculate the total resistance of the circuit, and then use Ohm's law to determine the voltage.

4. Can you use a voltmeter to measure voltage in a circuit with multiple resistors?

Yes, a voltmeter can be used to measure voltage in a circuit with multiple resistors. To do so, you would need to connect the voltmeter in parallel with the circuit, ensuring that the positive and negative leads of the voltmeter are connected to the corresponding points in the circuit.

5. How do you determine the voltage across a specific resistor in a circuit with multiple resistors?

To determine the voltage across a specific resistor in a circuit with multiple resistors, you can use the formula: VR = I x RR, where VR is the voltage across the resistor, I is the current in the circuit, and RR is the resistance of the specific resistor. You can measure the current using an ammeter and use the known resistance of the resistor to calculate the voltage.