Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modelling vehicle kinematic behaviour

1. Feb 18, 2010 #1
    Hi, I have been reading a book regarding modelling vehicle behaviour using multi-body systems.

It discusses the use of points, vectors, local and global co-ordinate systems as well as assigning degrees of freedom to various parts. I am pretty confident with the whole concept but I am unsure where to start on constructing a model.

I want to be able to define x,y and z co-ordinates of various points such as in board and out board suspension leg pick-up points at a design ride-height, then move the vehicle through it's travell and see how things like camber changes.
    Then progress the model to maybe a full dynamic vehicle model looking at the rate of change of various components and bringing forces in to the model.

I have quite a lot of experience with software such as MSc Adams but I want to set-up a complete model myself from scratch, maybe in MATLAB or perhaps Excel is still capable.

I hope someone has some experience of this and is willing to give me some help, no matter how great or small.

Thanks a lot for your time.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted