1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plz help me!

1. Mar 29, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I have got a assignment... there is a question what is the electron and beta rays? i have searched alot but i cannot undersatnd it..can someone plz explain me..I shall be thankful to you..

regards,
    samar

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2008 #2
    Electron is a part of atom. A particle that "orbits" nucleus made out of protons and neutrons. vis: http://www.eskom.co.za/nuclear_energy/fuel/atom.jpg
    Beta radiation is a bunch of beta particles (high energy electron or positron - the anti-electron) created in beta decay. Such as in nuclear reactor.

4. Mar 29, 2008 #3

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

hi samar! Welcome to PF! :smile:

A very good place to look for things is wikipedia.

Just go the the homepage, and type the word or phrase you want into the search box:

5. Mar 29, 2008 #4
    If your still having trouble, post the entire question. We'll have more to work with.

6. Mar 29, 2008 #5
    thank you very much for replying...i have one more question
    what is the similarity between electron and beta rays?
    reagards,
    samar

7. Mar 29, 2008 #6

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hi samar :smile:

"There are two forms of beta decay, β− and β+, which respectively give rise to the electron and the positron."

For more, of course, see the full article! :smile:

8. Mar 29, 2008 #7
    thanx alot it gave me alot of help

just one more question:)

actually that time i want to ask the difference between both of electron and beta rays?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?