Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Program needed - for drawing electronic circuit diagrams

1. Feb 10, 2007 #1
    I am in an electronic circuits laboratory class, and I am looking for a free, easy to use program that will allow me to construct circuit diagrams for my reports.

Any ideas? Thx!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2007 #2

ranger

Gold Member

For the purposes of drawing only, you could use xcircuit (free). One that does simulations also is Circuit Maker, I'm pretty sure they have a free student version.

4. Feb 10, 2007 #3
    Had that lab a year ago, we used Electronics Workbench, surprisingly I found it very easy to use despite is it is very heavy weight. Version 4 is very nice to use, but it is not free, I suggest you ask the lab assistant to lend you a copy or use the computer at the faculty that have the installed software.

5. Feb 11, 2007 #4
    I recommend Electronics workbench too, I been using it for 3 years now.
    very good , and easy to learn.
    However if you want something more complicated and that will do precise circuit simulation you'll need OrCad..

6. Dec 8, 2007 #5
    i was using Electronics workbench, but that is only for schematic.
    Can u suggest me some program that transforming schematic to circuit board. I am learning Protel, but that is too complicated.
    Please gave me some program that is easy to learn.

7. Dec 8, 2007 #6

ranger

Gold Member

Whats wrong with Ultiboard? I believe it comes as part of the EW package.

8. Dec 8, 2007 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Dec 9, 2007 #8

ranger

Gold Member

LTSpice/SwCAD III is a charm. The user group has some awesome files and tutorials.
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LTspice/ (yahoo account needed)

They had some free seminars in New York as part of the "LTspice World Tour 2007", but I missed all of them :( It would have been awesome to hear Mike Engelhardt speak.

10. Dec 9, 2007 #9

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think it is the best freebie out there for circuits.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?