Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
drizzle said:

I just had a car accident [another one]. Luckily no one got hurt.

Sorry to hear that but I think you should not give up so easily!

Likes Medicol
Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
Sorry to hear that but I think you should not give up so easily!

I agree. It wasn't until my son's fourth car that he had to renew his license plates. His first three cars each lasted less than a year due to car wrecks (not all his fault). Since then, he's gone over five years without a wreck.

Likes Medicol
Yes, it's not time that you gave up :DD

drizzle said:

I just had a car accident [another one]. Luckily no one got hurt.
Sorry to hear it :oldfrown:. Glad to hear no one was hurt, too.

Is there a pattern to these accidents? Like, time of day, weather, speed, etc.?

Likes Medicol
Thanks all. The other driver got a ticket for speeding in a neighborhood area. The weather didn't help either.

drizzle said:
Thanks all. The other driver got a ticket for speeding in a neighborhood area. The weather didn't help either.
Better step back from the edge, we don't want to see a dizzy drizzel :oldsurprised::oldlaugh: but seriously, sometimes things going on in ones life can have an affect on how aware one is about little things around them. PLEASE be careful, you might not need to give up on driving :(

RonL said:
Better step back from the edge, we don't want to see a dizzy drizzel :oldsurprised::oldlaugh: but seriously, sometimes things going on in ones life can have an affect on how aware one is about little things around them. PLEASE be careful, you might not need to give up on driving :(

Thanks RonL. It's just stressful. Funny enough I love driving on the highway...

Likes RonL
drizzle said:
Thanks RonL. It's just stressful. Funny enough I love driving on the highway...
I feel the same and I really don't like to drive at night.:eek::)

drizzle said:
I probably need to consider not driving for real...

Don't give up. Get one of these:

Likes drizzle
Drizzle is seemingly a Muslim man.

OmCheeto said:
Don't give up. Get one of these:

Lol Om, ironically my car [a BMW :D] totally stopped before anything happened and the other car slipped towards me.

My shoulder and neck still hurt :/

Medicol said:
Drizzle is seemingly a Muslim man.
Lol because I had a car accident?!

:-p

I love tomato juice. I stumbled upon a spicy tomato juice at the supermarket the other day, I LOVE IT! *heart*

drizzle said:
I love tomato juice. I stumbled upon a spicy tomato juice at the supermarket the other day, I LOVE IT! *heart*

So then you definitely are a Muslim man. Medicol was right!

Likes drizzle and Medicol
drizzle said:
Lol because I had a car accident?!
:-p
I'm only afraid American patriots on PF will not like you then.

WWGD said:
So then you definitely are a Muslim man. Medicol was right!
LOL

Medicol said:
I'm only afraid American patriots on PF will not like you then.

:)

DUST! EVERYWHERE! (yay, bunnies...)

Enigman said:
DUST! EVERYWHERE! (yay, bunnies...)
?!? :confused::eek:oo) ?!?

highway_engineer_pranks.png

Likes nuuskur and edward
Likes Lisa! and Borg
collinsmark said:
?!? :confused::eek:oo) ?!?

Thanks to PF I now know how to find hidden messages :D It's a funny bunny thing:oldconfused::bugeye::oldeyes:

Likes collinsmark
But why does it call itself "Orchestra" when it doesn't seem to involve an orchestra?

Jonathan Scott said:
But why does it call itself "Orchestra" when it doesn't seem to involve an orchestra?

I don't think there is a serious reason behind.

Basic idea of The Finale is that many bands play in many places in Poland. Every kind of band - occasionally including symphonic orchestras. So you can think about it as if it was an orchestra of individual bands (could be it doesn't make much sense in English).

What is perhaps more important is that the name was established many years ago, it wasn't as large then. I think first edition ended with a single concert in Warsaw. And the name was invented by Jerzy Owsiak - he is slightly nutty sometimes ;)

Borek said:
I know it doesn't matter much to all of you, as it is is quite local, Polish thing, but today is The Grand Finale of the 2015 edition of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Orchestra_of_Christmas_Charity.
What a fun country you live in.
Borek said:
In a last few years it attracted a lot of criticism and hate from the right side, which made me create a facebook event "I will pay twice as much to counteract haters" - https://www.facebook.com/events/775949472479753
Nice profile pic. This like from Mark Widmer say's a lot too.
From that angle, your blue hair does not show.

Likes Borek
The word "avuncular" , meaning uncle-like has always seemed artificial to me; I have never heard someone say
something like : Do you know Tom from accounting? Doesn't he come off as being an uncle ?

WWGD said:
The word "avuncular" , meaning uncle-like has always seemed artificial to me; I have never heard someone say something like : Do you know Tom from accounting? Doesn't he come off as being an uncle ?
Uncle Tom? :oldeyes:

WWGD said:
The word "avuncular" , meaning uncle-like has always seemed artificial to me; I have never heard someone say
something like : Do you know Tom from accounting? Doesn't he come off as being an uncle ?
It sounds medical to me: "Fmri revealed a distal avuncular perimortem contusion."

Meanwhile in Detroit - Granny Rambo. :w
The grandmother of four, Paris Ainsworth, was actually shot four times, but she was still able to pull out her gun and return fire.

Likes Medicol
Likes Medicol
WWGD said:
I'm sure I've heard it somewhere along the way but it's not a common word. I think I've heard it in reference to Larry King.

As words go, I don't like it. It sounds too much like carbuncle (another word we don't hear much since the discovery of antibiotics, thankfully!).

Likes Medicol
Unfair!
I'll quit!

T - 200

Likes Medicol
zoki85 said:
T - 200
What ?