Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,261
Some day I will try to find out why there is no cheese in (westernized?) Chinese cuisine.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,262
Borg said:
I've heard that some people like to fish just for the halibut. :oldtongue:

Isnt that where they make the movies? Halibut California?

Last edited:
  • #1,263
Borg said:
I've heard that some people like to fish just for the halibut. :oldtongue:
People like this are wrong in the head. They need to see a brain sturgeon.

Likes Evo
  • #1,264
zoobyshoe said:
People like this are wrong in the head. They need to see a brain sturgeon.

Like the people who made this meme?

food.better.than.nature.shroom.2015.04.26.jpg

Amanita muscaria
Although classified as poisonous, reports of human deaths resulting from its ingestion are extremely rare.
It's flying both around Twitter and Facebook.

Coincidentally, I just joined a "shroom" FB page 2 days ago.
The most deadly mushroom in the world, according to the old timers, are Morels.

Newbie; "I just found these{insert photo of Morels}. Are they toxic?"
Oldster; "I'm surprised you didn't die, just by picking them. Please tell me where you found them, and I will save humanity, by removing them all".​

:biggrin:

• #1,265
Narwhals the clean version.

• #1,266
OmCheeto said:
Like the people who made this meme?
The theme is really bad fish puns.

• #1,267
zoobyshoe said:

That's an extreme theme for a meme. You're definitely part of the team! What's your inseam?

• #1,268
WWGD said:
You're definitely part of the team!
You mean: I'm a group-er.

• #1,269
zoobyshoe said:
You mean: I'm a group-er.
LOL.

• #1,270
Evo said:
LOL.
Sorry to carp about this but "LOL" is not a fish pun. Don't be koi, try your hand at it.

• #1,271
zoobyshoe said:

hmmm...

I've been cleaning up my house for the last two months. Lots of old paperwork. Some of it goes back to the 70's.
Mostly, I've been shredding it, and heating my house with it.
But my shredder is going on the blink, so I just tear it up now.
And some of the paperwork looks like I may want to keep it, so the question becomes: Do I tear or file 'um?

How was that? :smile:

• #1,272
zoobyshoe said:
Sorry to carp about this but "LOL" is not a fish pun. Don't be koi, try your hand at it.
Let minnow when we're done with these fish puns.

Likes collinsmark and Evo
  • #1,273
lisab said:

Do you think anyone will understand my joke?
Probably not.

I was thinking of modifying my superconductivity "Chicken Cooper Pairs" joke into "Chicken of the Sea Cooper Pairs", but it didn't seem to flow right.
And every time I look at my original joke, I laugh so hard, I have to Guppy.

:redface:

[edit] hint:
Angelfish.jpg

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,274
OmCheeto said:
hmmm...

I've been cleaning up my house for the last two months. Lots of old paperwork. Some of it goes back to the 70's.
Mostly, I've been shredding it, and heating my house with it.
But my shredder is going on the blink, so I just tear it up now.
And some of the paperwork looks like I may want to keep it, so the question becomes: Do I tear or file 'um?

How was that? :smile:
I just bought a new shredder and was complaining about how much they cost and someone said, why not just burn the papers? Uhm, :oldcry:, because I'm stupid. But with the shredder, I have an unlimited supply of confetti. :olduhh:

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,275
lisab said:
I can't believe what I'm herring. You don't like finny puns?

Likes collinsmark and Evo
  • #1,276
zoobyshoe said:
I can't believe what I'm herring. You don't like finny puns?
You're killing me. :-p

• #1,277
There is a basst difference between jokes and puns. Marlin Brando knows it.

Likes Evo
  • #1,278
Evo said:
You're killing me. :-p

I thought pretentious religious debates were frowned upon here?
Why are you allowing all this icky theological nonsense!

• #1,279
WWGD said:
There is a basst difference between jokes and puns.
Walleye suppose there is. I manta point that out earlier, but my effort floundered.

• #1,280
Evo said:
and someone said, why not just burn the papers?

Because the best approach is to shred and the burn - especially when you have a thick file it won't burn easily and you have to spend a lot of time moving the paper and poking it, otherwise what is in the middle will get charred, but never turns into ashes. Shredded paper on the other hand burns easily and - as it is already mixed with the air - will burn to the end on itself.

Although the best approach is to throw shredded papers on the embers. Trust the old pyromaniac.

• #1,281
Borek said:
Because the best approach is to shred and the burn - especially when you have a thick file it won't burn easily and you have to spend a lot of time moving the paper and poking it, otherwise what is in the middle will get charred, but never turns into ashes. Shredded paper on the other hand burns easily and - as it is already mixed with the air - will burn to the end on itself.

Although the best approach is to throw shredded papers on the embers. Trust the old pyromaniac.
Thank you, I feel better now. Plus it's fun to watch the paper get shredded.

• #1,282
OmCheeto said:
I thought pretentious religious debates were frowned upon here?
Why are you allowing all this icky theological nonsense!
It is dangerously close to fishlosophy and, if I were a sticklebacker for the rules, I'd point out that there is no plaice for that sort of thing here. Even if we are trying to turn this into Fishics Forums.

Likes DennisN, Evo and OmCheeto
  • #1,283
I am neither a fisher nor a church-goer.

• #1,284
Ripoff alert: I got charged a $2.50 ATM fee just for checking my account balance. I am thinking of starting a blog just to put it out there and (hopefully) embarrass the thieves who instituted that fee.

• #1,285
WWGD said:
Ripoff alert: I got charged a $2.50 ATM fee just for checking my account balance. I am thinking of starting a blog just to put it out there and (hopefully) embarrass the thieves who instituted that fee.
This is wrong and heinous. Was it one of those independent ATM's, or was it affiliated with a specific bank?

• #1,286
I was thinking about the themes to blockbuster movies tonight and it occurred to me that The Terminator managed to be a blockbuster movie series without a recognizable theme. I youtubed "The Terminator music" and was surprised to find I didn't even recognize it as anything I'd ever heard before, despite the fact I've seen the 1st three 4 or 5 times each.

• #1,287
Likes Evo, phinds, micromass and 1 other person
  • #1,288
WWGD said:
My local bank charged me $1 for setting up my profile the first time which I think is clearly ridiculous. They didn't notice their customers that they would charge them for the settings at the time of their registration. Only after they signed and printed out everything did they ask me to pay. I didn't want to pay but thought $1 might not even be enough for me to have a bowl of Vietnamese Pho, so I bit the dirt and accepted it. :nb)

• #1,289
Sometimes I think of quitting my job, although I like it!:oldconfused:

• #1,290
Silicon Waffle said:
I am neither a fisher nor a church-goer.
An unbreamleaver!

• #1,291
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of users suddenly cried out in vain and their forum threads were suddenly closed. I fear something terrible has happened. Could it be a new forum platform in the making? And when will it be operational?

ccGsVn3.gif

• #1,292
"The Higgs boson heals the progressive expansion of mortality"

"Quantum physics is mirrored in innumerable human observation"

Last edited:
  • #1,293
Nick666 said:
"The Higgs boson heals the progressive expansion of mortality"

"Quantum physics is mirrored in innumerable human observation"

Holy Jehosephats!

The dyslexic dark pun forces of the universe have invaded...

hmmm...

Stahp ej!

• #1,294
DennisN said:
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... I fear something terrible has happened...

Don't worry, according to what I gathered, it was just a small gas leak...

Hmmm... nothing too terrible, probably just from the guy that made post #1293 ... :oldtongue:

Minnesota  Wind.gif

Last edited:
  • #1,295
Kind of weird the extreme level of dehydration I seem to be in: every time I go into
a place that offers free water, like B&N, or some restaurants, I end up drinking easily 12-13 large cups of cold
water. And I still drink a good amount at home.

Geico scored a hit on its hit-or-miss collection of commercials with the
"cat's job is to ignore people" commercial. Kind of funny.