Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
  • #1,366
WWGD said:
Don't know, I was accused of engaging in biological warfare with my feet as weapons.
I once heard someone coming out of the bathroom saying: "That was a big s... I think I broke the toilet. I don't know what I'm doing here. I'm awesome, I should be a da** military weapon of mass destruction." :olduhh:
fresh_42 said:
Do not complain. Those mushrooms saved me recently and several times before.
I don't think I get it, but it still made me laugh.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,367
fresh_42 said:
Do not complain. Those mushrooms saved me recently and several times before.
In what ways?

• #1,368
I have a runny nose and chest congestion. Are there mushrooms for that?

• #1,369
zoobyshoe said:
I have a runny nose and chest congestion. Are there mushrooms for that?
This one has a universal property in problem solving:

0_original.jpg

• #1,370
Evo said:
In what ways?
Mean inflammation in my lower jaw.

• #1,371
fresh_42 said:
Mean inflammation in my lower jaw.
Which mushrooms? And what do they do?

• #1,373
  • #1,374
Evo said:
Ok, you cannot simply eat mushrooms, the medicine is a deritive from a form of the bacteria.
I know. I wouldn't even be able to recognize the correct form of mold. But I have some trust in the pharma industry. :smile:

• #1,375
I just saw a really good movie called American Hustle. It surprised me cause I'd never heard of it. It was the inside story of the 1970s ABSCAM stings. The main actor was Christian Bale. He played this great, sketchy 1970s con artist.

• #1,376
Speaking of the FBI, the new X-Files turned out to be much better than I thought it would be.

• #1,377
zoobyshoe said:
Speaking of the FBI, the new X-Files turned out to be much better than I thought it would be.
The new X-files is a HOOT! It is so funny, I love it! I don't remember the original series as being as funny, I remember it being boring and hard to watch.

• #1,378
Evo said:
The new X-files is a HOOT! It is so funny, I love it! I don't remember the original series as being as funny, I remember it being boring and hard to watch.
It rotates through different moods. Some episodes are funny and some are scary and some are boring and hard to watch. The funny episodes are the most memorable. My favorite funny episode from the first run was The Great Mutato, which was shot in black and white and borrowed themes and shots from the 1930's Frankenstein movies.

• #1,379
zoobyshoe said:
It rotates through different moods. Some episodes are funny and some are scary and some are boring and hard to watch. The funny episodes are the most memorable. My favorite funny episode from the first run was The Great Mutato, which was shot in black and white and borrowed themes and shots from the 1930's Frankenstein movies.
Evo child says she can only remember the music which still scares her.

• #1,380
fresh_42 said:
I've thought of Alexander Fleming. (My risk aversion is too high to try uncontrollable doses.)
I was amused to note recently that Imperial College London has a "Sir Alexander Fleming Cafe". I'm not sure whether I'd want to eat there!

Likes zoobyshoe and fresh_42
  • #1,381
This is so true: (except for the flying bicycle)

cool-gif-photo-ET-phone-expectations.gif

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,382
I have my speakers on at the moment and believe me I hear the repeated sounds of "tat-tat-tat..." from them while that bicycle is being ridden across the moon.

• #1,383
Silicon Waffle said:
I have my speakers on at the moment and believe me I hear the repeated sounds of "tat-tat-tat..." from them while that bicycle is being ridden across the moon.
:smile:. My volume is full and I can't hear anything.

Dammit, I laughed at this. :frown:
cool-caution-sign-water-element.jpg

:biggrin:

Likes Ibix, collinsmark, Silicon Waffle and 2 others
  • #1,384
Seriously, I always hear the noises on pages where e.g animation, marque texts etc exist, even when I scroll my mouse up and down. Do you know why ? :biggrin:

• #1,385
oh, why don't Americans use metric system? every time I'm reading recipes or something technical (eg. size of phones or tablets) I have to convert all the time o:) :woot:

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,386
Silicon Waffle said:
Seriously, I always hear the noises on pages where e.g animation, marque texts etc exist, even when I scroll my mouse up and down. Do you know why ? :biggrin:
No, but there maybe a cure. A friend of mine always replied to his tinnitus attacks: "Shut up! I know you're not existent!"

• #1,387
Sophia said:
oh, why don't Americans use metric system? every time I'm reading recipes or something technical (eg. size of phones or tablets) I have to convert all the time o:) :woot:
They hate the French. :cool:

Likes Sophia
  • #1,388
fresh_42 said:
They hate the French. :cool:
Than why, when I watch TV show where they show luxurious American houses they seem to LOVE French country style? :DD

• #1,389
Sophia said:
Than why, when I watch TV show where they show luxurious American houses they seem to LOVE French country style? :DD
Oh, they love them, too, it's both. It's simply that they don't understand them at all. That's why they call the belgian fries french.
Btw., it took them decades to change the calendar because they hated the pope, too. :biggrin:

Likes Sophia
  • #1,390
Donald Trump and Jeb Bush are secretly the same person. He ran two campaigns so that one would highlight the qualities of the other. It hasn't worked out as expected, so he's embraced the character fully. The American people will elect the dark lord they deserve.
/randomthought

• #1,391
Psinter said:
Dammit, I laughed at this. :frown:
cool-caution-sign-water-element.jpg

:biggrin:
...or all of your friends will laugh too. Which is what seems to be happening to me. :wink:

Likes Psinter
  • #1,392
I imagine how it would look like if someone had assembled some of the molecules which are also there!

• #1,393
I showed the picture to my wife, who is a chemistry lecturer. Apparently they were building molecules with those kits in one of her lab sessions a couple of weeks ago. One of her female students held up an OH in one hand and an H in the other and announced that her water had broken.

Very good, young padawan, very good.

Last edited:
Likes Borg, Sophia, Psinter and 1 other person
  • #1,394
I have been knocked down by the/a stomach flu. I had stop becoming sick less frequently over
time, but it hit me, had to stay at home, sleeping it off; I have slept around 5h after around 10 a.m;
I just close my eyes and automagically fall asleep..

• #1,395
WWGD said:
I have been knocked down by the/a stomach flu.
Hope you feel better soon - being sick sucks.

Likes Sophia, fresh_42 and WWGD
  • #1,396
Silicon Waffle said:
Sounds complex. :-p
Sophia said:
I use Fahrenheit. Give me the temperature in Celsius and I'll make this face: o_O And I have to buy all of them to be on the safe side:
image_11341.jpg

It would be nice if I could standardize all my devices to use only one of them. And vehicles too. Vehicles have pieces in all systems which makes it a hassle.
Ibix said:
...or all of your friends will laugh too. Which is what seems to be happening to me. :wink:
Yay! :partytime:
Ibix said:
I showed it to my wife, who is a chemistry lecturer. Apparently they were building molecules with those kits in one of her lab sessions a couple of weeks ago, One of her female students held up an OH in one hand and an H in the other and announced that her water had broken.

Very good, young padawan, very good.
Hahaha.

• #1,397
Sophia said:
I find we should strike back and start to use Réaumur!

• #1,398
I *love* the "Reader View" option in Firefox. Makes reading articles soooo much easier.

• #1,399
lisab said:
I *love* the "Reader View" option in Firefox. Makes reading articles soooo much easier.
I put it on on YouTube, but I could not read the video. :-p

:eek: Ohhhhhh. So that's what I have to do when someone is crying.
cute-girl-tears-TV-screen.jpg

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,400
Changing national borders in Europe

Lithuania used to be pretty large, then Poland, . . . .

Likes Silicon Waffle