• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Temperature controlling system with peltier battery?

Thread moved from EE to the Homework Help forums. Poster has been admonished to show their work when posting schoolwork questions
Hello everyone!
I have a thesis to design a temperature stabilizing(controlling) system for solar cells.I need to use 12V Peltier battery and a simple pc fan.Any further help is appreciated.

Dr. Courtney

Education Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Most forums have rules of engagement for school assignments.

It is also unclear what you are trying to do.

Hello everyone!
I have a thesis to design a temperature stabilizing(controlling) system for solar cells.I need to use 12V Peltier battery and a simple pc fan.Any further help is appreciated.
Peltier battery? Is that a Peltier cooler in reverse?

If so, how are you going to ensure enough heat flow through the cooler to run a fan? Remember it's the flow of heat that powers the battery. A simple difference in temperature won't do since both sides of the battery will soon be at the same temperature. You need a hot side that stays hot and a cool side that stays cool.

The electronics are simple. The battery. Possibly a temperature sensor/switch. A fan. Use multiple batteries in series or parallel to get the fan's voltage and current.

The hard part will be the heat flow equations. For a non-thesis some simple equations would get you in the ballpark, but properly done these will be difficult.