1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thevenin/Norton Equivalent,PLEASE HELP

1. Apr 22, 2010 #1
    Thevenin/Norton Equivalent,PLEASE HELP!!

Hi I apolgise for posting a question which is rather simple but im struggling to grasp the concept of it,ive done many questions like this before,but this one in particular throws me because the power source is always on the left hand side of the circuit,but in this case its in the middle
    Any help would be appreciated,this question has to be done by tomorrow so any replies i will be really grateful,thanks

Question
    Find the Thevenin and Norton Equivalent circuits for the circuit shown in the picture
    the resistors values are in ohms

Thanks for your time

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2010 #2
    Re: Thevenin/Norton Equivalent,PLEASE HELP!!

Exchange the positions of the 20 ohm resistor and the 4 amp current source. The circuit behavior will be the same but the source will be on the left hand side.

4. Apr 23, 2010 #3

Thanks very much for the reply

5. Apr 25, 2010 #4

is it valid to do that, i do see the circuit is unchanged.

6. Apr 25, 2010 #5

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

It is valid since the two share the same two nodal points before and afterwards (i.e. they're still in parallel)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook