What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
hypatia said:
Ivan, the Singing Nun{s} were the scariest group ever.

This may surprise you. The sisters eventually left the convent and enjoyed great commercial success using their new identities of Simon and Garfunkel.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The nuns in the youtube don't move at all, who are singing in the background ?
 
I HAVE TO hear this every once in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mBSghMLK9Po&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mBSghMLK9Po&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I aint here on business, baby----I'm only here for fun
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Thomas Crown Affair on the WB channel is just starting 2PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6_BWNzThJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6_BWNzThJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
best I ever had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zachNKsJDJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zachNKsJDJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I liked her accent :)

One More
 
Last edited by a moderator:
and, I finally found song I last listened 5 years ago:
bhWEI6-_w9E[/youtube] More I listen to her, more I like her voice.
 
rootX said:


I like it, I listened to it yesterday about [STRIKE]10 [/STRIKE] 100 times :biggrin:
Here is another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJePPXLVFlU


And another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aENY16Mjw6k


I pretty much like the whole album :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:
Ivan, the Singing Nun{s} were the scariest group ever.

Ivan Seeking said:
This may surprise you. The sisters eventually left the convent and enjoyed great commercial success using their new identities of Simon and Garfunkel.

:smile::smile::smile::smile:


In this case, truth is more bizarre than fiction. Four years after Jeanne-Paule Marie Deckers recorded that song, she left the monastery and played under the name Luc Dominique.

Except she enjoyed great commercial failure. Her most notable post-monastery song was "Glory Be to God for the Golden Pill", a musical tribute to birth control pills.

Later, the Belgium government wanted $63,000 from her in back taxes from the profits of her only hit, "Dominique". Unfortunately for her, her agent and the convent received all the money and, being a nun unconcerned with financial matters, she had no receipts to show this.

In 1982, she released a disco version of Dominique, hoping to raise enough money to pay her taxes. That pretty much sealed the end of her singing career.

Beset with financial difficulties, she and Anna Pécher (her companion of 10 years), committed suicide together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singing_Nun
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxlOgCH_eMY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxlOgCH_eMY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsTK2LHZKPQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsTK2LHZKPQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was for the Colts, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wyLjbMBpGDA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wyLjbMBpGDA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"for the things you do"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8muJIOznsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8muJIOznsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

after playing this a dozen times with the guitar to this one woman...hmmm-

-(guys, if you learn only one song to sing to the girl, try this one)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Something a bit different - requires a different state of mind.



Music courtesy of Brainscapes for educational purposes only. Title track #1 "Earth-Link" from album Chakradancer. c. 1991 Brainscapes
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
calm music/warm voice/nice lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTph9UoxrWU&feature=related
 
I am just a dreamer...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Obfci1CIqq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Obfci1CIqq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>



and you are just a dream
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I probably posted this before, but it bears repeating. Robben Ford and the Blue Line were perhaps the best trio ever.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
its not warm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIdIqbv7SPo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIdIqbv7SPo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaVXfHZv50Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaVXfHZv50Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3hBYTkI-sE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3hBYTkI-sE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
oh, my, my, my...

the wicked things you do


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-oaHHrNQVrg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-oaHHrNQVrg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Erelli's "Volunteer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=921Ipmehrb0
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I come looking for a job
But I get no offers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdQhwsBovtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdQhwsBovtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSaxuKTN8xc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSaxuKTN8xc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>]


And just for that one moment
I could be you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
She dreams in color, she dreams in red,


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lUj9zWwop8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lUj9zWwop8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


can't find a better man...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Depression [or should I say "reckless abandon"] in G minor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VscVP_Gt_s
 
Last edited:
I see it everyday


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXwCreA54Ac&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXwCreA54Ac&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>


I'm glad it wasn't me
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And everybody's beautiful,


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDEre-zjPNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDEre-zjPNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


in their own way
 
Last edited by a moderator: