WWGD said:
Local German store advertising " The best of the Wurst".
German is the only language in which "Das ist völliger Käse, aber eigentlich auch Wurst." (It's totally cheese, but it's actually also sausage.) makes perfect sense.
"Käse" (cheese) is used as a synonym for "nonsense".
"Wurst" (sausage) is used as a synonym for another specifically German word: "egal".
It does not only look like "equal", it probably also has the same origin.
However, it is used differently. "equal" in German is "gleich". "egal" is best translated as "anyway", "doesn't matter", "either way", or "I don't care". It summarizes all these different meanings in four letters. Hence "Das ist völliger Käse, aber eigentlich auch Wurst." (It's totally cheese, but it's actually also sausage.) means: "It's complete nonsense but who cares."
There is another four letter word I really miss in other languages: "doch". The Hungarians say "de igen" (but, yes) and in English it would probably be "oh yes." It stands for "I contradict what you have said and restate what I have said." What an effort if only four letters would do: doch! "Yes" alone doesn't transport enough contradiction.