Homogeneization of physic formula of electromagnetic field and velocity

In summary: The correct unit for [I]A is [M][L]^2[T]^-3. In summary, the conversation is about a problem with a formula for electric potential and velocity, and confusion about the appropriate units for magnetic field. The speaker is seeking clarification on how to correctly calculate the units and requests assistance.
Plott029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= I have a little problem with a formula, that I think it's not ok. It gives to me the result of units of electric potential ([tex]\vec A [/tex]) and velocity [tex]\vec v [/tex]. The result seems to be volts per velocity, and I don't know it there exists this unit, or is a mistake.

In other hand, when i try to develope the units of the magnetic field, if i use [tex]\vec v X \nabla X \vec A [/tex] it gives to me units of diference of potential per unit of time:

[tex]\frac {[L]}{[T} \frac {1}{[L]} \frac {[L]}{[T]} = /[T][/tex]

and using tesla x velocity, it gives different result:
[tex]\frac {[L][M]}{[T]^3 } [/tex]

I don't know what I'm not doing correctly. Could you give me a little help?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe the problem is that I must utilize power ecuations... like UI and FV. The problem now is that I have an equation that has UIFV, with dimensions of power^2...

Plott029 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= I have a little problem with a formula, that I think it's not ok. It gives to me the result of units of electric potential ([tex]\vec A [/tex]) and velocity [tex]\vec v [/tex]. The result seems to be volts per velocity, and I don't know it there exists this unit, or is a mistake.

In other hand, when i try to develope the units of the magnetic field, if i use [tex]\vec v X \nabla X \vec A [/tex] it gives to me units of diference of potential per unit of time:

[tex]\frac {[L]}{[T} \frac {1}{[L]} \frac {[L]}{[T]} = /[T][/tex]

I don't understand what you did here. Okay, I see that
v → L/T
del operator → 1/L
but why do you say
A → L/T ?​
A has units of Tesla·m, not m/s as you are implying.

and using tesla x velocity, it gives different result:
[tex]\frac {[L][M]}{[T]^3 } [/tex]

This is correct.

I don't know what I'm not doing correctly. Could you give me a little help?

Thanks.
See above; it looks like you incorrectly equated A with a velocity.

Related to Homogeneization of physic formula of electromagnetic field and velocity

1. What is homogenization of physical formulas in relation to electromagnetic fields and velocity?

Homogenization in this context refers to the process of simplifying complex physical formulas that involve both electromagnetic fields and velocity into a more unified and understandable form. This allows for easier analysis and application in various scientific fields.

2. Why is homogenization important in studying electromagnetic fields and velocity?

Homogenization allows for a better understanding of the relationship between electromagnetic fields and velocity, as well as their effects on each other. It also allows for easier comparison and analysis of different physical phenomena involving these variables.

3. What are some examples of physical formulas that undergo homogenization in relation to electromagnetic fields and velocity?

Some examples include Maxwell's equations, which describe the behavior of electromagnetic fields in relation to velocity, and the Lorentz force equation, which relates the force on a charged particle to both the electric and magnetic fields and its velocity.

4. How does homogenization affect the accuracy of physical formulas involving electromagnetic fields and velocity?

Homogenization does not affect the accuracy of the formulas themselves, as it is simply a method of simplifying and unifying them. However, it can improve the understanding and interpretation of these formulas, leading to more accurate analysis and predictions.

5. Are there any limitations to homogenization of physical formulas involving electromagnetic fields and velocity?

While homogenization can be a useful tool, it may not always be possible or appropriate for all formulas. Some formulas may be too complex to be effectively homogenized, and in some cases, homogenization may not accurately reflect the true behavior of the variables involved.