How to Incorporate a Switch Activated by Zero Voltage in a Circuit?

In summary, to add a switch that activates when a voltage of zero is passing through and remains turned on until a voltage of zero is again passing through, one can use a negative edge triggered Toggle Flip Flop connected to a relay. This can be found by searching for "Normally Closed Switch" or looking for NO and NC on the case switch diagram of a multi pole relay.
Ry122
I have a circuit in which I have a constant voltage passing through until I hold down on a button at which point the voltage drops to zero. When I let go of the button the voltage returns to normal. I need to add to the circuit a switch which activates when a voltage of zero is passing through and remains turned on until a voltage of zero is again passing through.
How Can I do this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Google Normally Closed Switch.

Multi pole relays have both normally open and normally closed contacts. Look for NO and NC on the case switch diagram.

Ry122 said:
I have a circuit in which I have a constant voltage passing through until I hold down on a button at which point the voltage drops to zero. When I let go of the button the voltage returns to normal. I need to add to the circuit a switch which activates when a voltage of zero is passing through and remains turned on until a voltage of zero is again passing through.
How Can I do this?
Voltage cannot pass through components in a circuit. Voltage is a quantity measured across terminals in a circuit. Only current can pass through components in a circuit. Any way from your question I guess you may have to use a negative edge triggered Toggle Flip Flop. The output of toggle flipflop should be connected to a relay.

1. What is an electric circuit?

An electric circuit is a path that allows electric current to flow from one point to another. It is typically made up of components such as batteries, wires, resistors, and switches, and is used to power various electrical devices.

2. How do I troubleshoot an electric circuit?

To troubleshoot an electric circuit, you should first check for any loose connections or damaged components. You can also use a multimeter to test the voltage and continuity of the circuit. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to consult a professional electrician.

3. What is the difference between a series and parallel circuit?

In a series circuit, all components are connected in a single loop, so the current flows through each one in order. In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in branches, allowing the current to split and flow through multiple paths simultaneously.

4. How do I calculate the voltage, current, and resistance in a circuit?

You can use Ohm’s Law to calculate these values. Voltage (V) is equal to the current (I) multiplied by the resistance (R), or V = I * R. Similarly, you can rearrange the equation to calculate current (I = V / R) or resistance (R = V / I).

5. What safety precautions should I take when working with electric circuits?

It is important to always turn off the power before working on an electric circuit. You should also wear protective gear, such as gloves and safety glasses, and use insulated tools. Additionally, make sure to follow proper wiring and grounding procedures to prevent electrical shocks.