Random Thoughts part three

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Only humans would deliberately make eating painful.
:rofl:

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What, aren't microwave microwaves extremely localised?
Check the date on the blog. :tongue:

Only if you know what the staff mean by "hot" :smile:

There are plenty of Indian dishes that aren't "hot" at all. But the chef might be from a region where "mild" means "90% ghost peppers and 10% meat", compared with "hot" meaning "99% ghost peppers and 1% meat".
I experienced this first hand -_- chettinad mutton khumbuzu and chicken bhariyani

collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Just getting over another bad cough/cold. Second one this season (which is unusual for me). I also just made a mistake of converting time in one time zone to another*

*(but that's not particularly unusual. Our representation of time, in terms of time zones, daylight savings time, and whatnot, has always been confusing to me).

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It never fails to amaze me what the human body can survive - if you're lucky enough to miss a major artery.
Note: Just an X-Ray but might not be for the squeamish.
Tree trimmer hospitalized with chain saw in neck.

That's going to leave a mark. :eek:

OmCheeto
Gold Member
For the highbeams, I usually adjust my side mirrors so that they point directly back at the offender. If they're just clueless, that usually wakes them up. If they're rude, then they get bothered by high beams in their face and pass. Either way, it works.
I once managed to convince a rude driver to rear end the car he was following. He was only doing 10 mph, so I'm sure no one was physically injured. It took all my will power, sitting next to him at the red light, not to burst out laughing.

Oh dear. It appears I've already shared this story. :redface:

And after going through that thread, I'm surprised that "driving styles" isn't a banned topic. :tongue:

The friction i get from my mouse cable is driving me insane.
Getting a wireless one first thing tomorrow, right after i feed this mouse into the shredder.

wireless mice ftw

Evo
Mentor
I once managed to convince a rude driver to rear end the car he was following. He was only doing 10 mph, so I'm sure no one was physically injured. It took all my will power, sitting next to him at the red light, not to burst out laughing.

Oh dear. It appears I've already shared this story. :redface:

And after going through that thread, I'm surprised that "driving styles" isn't a banned topic. :tongue:
I had one stupid woman tailgate me in stop and go traffic, she was literally inches from my rear bumper for over half an hour, I was driving a stick shift, and was having to make sure that I instantly applied gas to move forward without rolling back even a couple of inches each time traffic moved, I got so fed up after the hundredth time, that when traffic started to move forward again, I just let off my clutch and allowed my car to roll back a few inches so that our cars bumped, that's how close she was staying to me. She got the message and backed off.

E gag gab y ar no I tu love.
-to be read backwards.

drizzle
Gold Member
I bookmarked another link today. :smile:

I bookmarked another link today. :smile:
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Buddha

too true, but for some reason, so many people cannot do it :<

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
(And don't ask me what I see on the left, or I will have to ban myself).
Anything like this?

britneycbvb.jpg

Borek
Mentor
$600? Scumbags.

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Buddha

too true, but for some reason, so many people cannot do it :<
They don't realize you can only do it by not doing it.

I just found out that in some parts of the world milk is sold in bags.
How exactly does that work?

wukunlin
Gold Member
When I lived in Taiwan we used to (not sure if we still do) buy hot soup from stalls and we carry them in very thin transparent plastic bags.

For cold beverages, it's not that unusual is it? I thought this is a popular thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capri_Sun