Which kind of graphing calculator should I buy?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
stephen92
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I'm having a bit of a problem with choosing a calculator, I am taking algebra 2 and Honors Chem and plan to take calculus AP Chem and Physics next year. The teachers have stopped supplying the TI-83s and I need to know what to invest in. My dad has insited I go with the HP 50g as he is an enginner but all the teachers use TI's. Any suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
TI-83 will serve you well all the way up to Calculus 3 :-]

You have a long ways to go, suggest you stick to using your brain instead of having a powerful calculator.

Cost you around $50 at most!
 
The HP looks pretty slick. Never used it. I personally love my TI83. I also have a Casio CFX-9850, and found it weak in comparison to the TI.
This is just my opinion.