Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
Apropos 5th grade.
Little John-Boy is sitting on the wall of the school yard as his teacher leaves school long after classes.
She asks him, why he didn't walk home. His answer:
"You taught us today Earth is spinning. I simply keep waiting until my house comes along."
(Dedicated to all who don't like these frames all the time.)
Little John-Boy is sitting on the wall of the school yard as his teacher leaves school long after classes.
She asks him, why he didn't walk home. His answer:
"You taught us today Earth is spinning. I simply keep waiting until my house comes along."
(Dedicated to all who don't like these frames all the time.)
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Took me a minute to get it...jtbell said:Another one from fifth grade:
I 2 a 4 a shoe.
I 4 a 6 a shoe.
I 6 a 8 a shoe.
I...

- 20,819
- 28,467
Could you explain it to an alien?DaveC426913 said:Took me a minute to get it...![]()
Electron Spin
- 52
- 28
Chrono said:I get it now.
Good! better drop it now... It will freeze up, glow green, and melt...
OCR
- 996
- 936
My minute seems a lot longer than yours...DaveC426913 said:Took me a minute to get it...![]()

Mentor
- 38,152
- 10,759
jtbell said:Another one from fifth grade:
I 2 a 4 a shoe.
I 4 a 6 a shoe.
I 6 a 8 a shoe.
I...
Read the first part out loud, try to spot the pattern for the fourth line, and read it out loud.OCR said:My minute seems a lot longer than yours...![]()
- 20,819
- 28,467
Thank you. Now I got it, too. Well, seems they've finally really created a black hole in CERN ...Mark44 said:Read the first part out loud, try to spot the pattern for the fourth line, and read it out loud.
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Huh?
- 20,819
- 28,467
My minute has been definitely the longest.
OCR
- 996
- 936
Lol... I 8 a 10 a shoe...Mark44 said:Read the first part out loud, try to spot the pattern for the fourth line, and read it out loud.
Meaning... I ate a tennis shoe... ?
Is my minute over...?
Damn... fourth grade seems to take forever.
God, I hate math! ...

Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
I've read today, someone wanted to know, who this Lars Krismes is, everybody is singing from.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
jtbell said:Another one from fifth grade:
I 2 a 4 a shoe.
I 4 a 6 a shoe.
I 6 a 8 a shoe.
I...
Fifth graders are pretty smart.
Well, that's the last time I remember being smart, anyways.
Anyways, I read yesterday, that a 5th grader once named a horse.
Or, more properly, he decided on the spelling: Potoooooooo
when the owner told him to write the name on the horse's feed bin.
OCR
- 996
- 936
Source... ?fresh_42 said:Well, seems they've finally really created a black hole in CERN ...
Oh, wait... you can't find it, right ? ..

- 20,819
- 28,467
We should be able to calculate all relevant data by the different lengths of DaveC426913's, yours and my minute combined with our locations on earth. Seems to get an interesting gravitational well. A physicists' version of geocaching.OCR said:Source... ?
Oh, wait... you can't find it, right ? ..![]()
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
OmCheeto said:Fifth graders are pretty smart.
Well, that's the last time I remember being smart, anyways.
Anyways, I read yesterday, that a 5th grader once named a horse.
Or, more properly, he decided on the spelling: Potoooooooo
when the owner told him to write the name on the horse's feed bin.
I seem to be freefalling toward the Event Horizon, because my minute is approaching infinity.

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
Ever see the TV quiz show, "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" where adults take turns competing against a panel of fifth graders?OmCheeto said:Fifth graders are pretty smart.
Well, that's the last time I remember being smart, anyways.
Science Advisor
- 2,348
- 124
"Houston, we have another problem."
"Apollo, jeez"
"Nice of you to apologize."
"Apollo, jeez"
"Nice of you to apologize."
OCR
- 996
- 936
No... it only appears that way to the rest of us, but you do look a bit red... sunburn, maybe ? ..DaveC426913 said:I seem to be freefalling toward the Event Horizon, because my minute is approaching infinity.![]()
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Not until after you mentioned it. I canceled my cable 7½ years ago. I watched one youtube video last night, and I am definitely not smarter that one.jtbell said:Ever see the TV quiz show, "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" where adults take turns competing against a panel of fifth graders?![]()
If you are still stuck in freefall, try googling the horses name.DaveC426913 said:I seem to be freefalling toward the Event Horizon, because my minute is approaching infinity.
If you are texting, you can probably get away with using the text abbreviation: Pot8os.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Ohhh.OmCheeto said:If you are still stuck in freefall, try googling the horses name.
If you are texting, you can probably get away with using the text abbreviation: Pot8os.

I was looking for some connection to horses.
- 13,926
- 16,803
I didn't get that one either, if it makes you feel any better Dave. I just assumed it was an Americanism that I didn't know...
- 20,819
- 28,467
DaveC426913 said:Ohhh.
I was looking for some connection to horses.
Ibix said:I didn't get that one either, if it makes you feel any better Dave. I just assumed it was an Americanism that I didn't know...
Neither did I. Only The horse with no name came to my mind. However, evidence for a kind of time dilation becomes denser.
Mentor
- 4,789
- 3,854
What did the thesaurus eat for breakfast this morning?
... a synonym roll.
... a synonym roll.
Joosh
- 7
- 4
What kind of suits do lawyers wear to court?
Lawsuits
Lawsuits
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8