Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
nsaspook said:
cd084229114f009da7bfd9d6d7439a9dff1030ef.gif
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Someone offered me grapes. What a crazy idea! As if I take wine in pill form.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, DennisN, davenn and 5 others
Ut ohh, we're in trouble...

1695670746895.png
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, DennisN, phinds and 1 other person
From Facebook today. I think I'm going to have it framed and hang it in our spacious Mentor Lounge... :smile:

1695685746153.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, DennisN, davenn and 4 others
DennisN said:
I read a funny quote today:- Isaac B. Singer (source)
I guess I was wrong, I actually _ am_ infallible.
The Pope( source).
 
jack action said:
I had a happy childhood. My mom used to put me inside a tire and roll me down the hill.

They were Goodyears.
Frank : It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Jane : Goodyear?

Frank : No, the worst.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, collinsmark and berkeman
I mostly ignore the alerts and reactions. But I noticed this one just now:

Your post in the thread Collection
of Lame Jokes was deleted.
Reason: Reply to deleted post

What does it mean? Did I post something that was considered obscene or inappropriate? I would like to learn from my mistake but I can't figure out what the problem was. It seems my only recourse is to not post in the future. That's easy enough but maybe not the optimal solution. Or maybe it is!
 
JT Smith said:
What does it mean? Did I post something that was considered obscene or inappropriate?
I believe that the false Greta Thunberg - chopsticks statement was removed, with all responses.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Filip Larsen, gmax137 and berkeman
I doubt that you did anything wrong. Sometimes when a post is deleted, leaving posts that refer to it no longer make sense so those get swept up also.
 
JT Smith said:
I mostly ignore the alerts and reactions. But I noticed this one just now:

Your post in the thread Collection
of Lame Jokes was deleted.
Reason: Reply to deleted post

What does it mean? Did I post something that was considered obscene or inappropriate? I would like to learn from my mistake but I can't figure out what the problem was. It seems my only recourse is to not post in the future. That's easy enough but maybe not the optimal solution. Or maybe it is!
I have had this happen to me.

The lack of any specifics in the message often leaves me wondering about what was the post I did wrong with.
No learning possible there. So I could well do it again, making more work for the overworked mentors.
I suppose I could ask a mentor, but that would be too much haranguing the mentors in my case.

Some kind of reference to what was posted would be a big help.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
If >your< post is offending, the hivemind mentors >will< let you know. And likely infract you. Otherwise just assume it's somebody else's problem being cleaned up.

Now, for a lame joke.
I collect paper money. Each piece in my collection is note worthy.