Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #3,151
I think radish juice would make a better electrolyte than celery juice. But that's speculation on my part.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,152
Doesn't this belong in the 'culinary sciences' section of this forum?

• #3,153
OmCheeto said:
Having just yesterday, finished marathon watching all 413 Dr. Who episodes offered by Hulu, I think this is doable.

How is this possible? I see 120 episodes offered with a paid subscription, none with the free version.

Frankie's presentation was much less painful, than that of 90s speed metal, IMHO.

But I think this young gentleman has a future roll as a Dalek voiceover; "Emergency! Emergency! Have your cellphones charged! Have your laptops charged! ..."

I liked the comment suggesting that he be the audiobook reader for 50 shades of grey.

-Dave K

• #3,154
Still addicted to that place's iced cappuccino mix. Massive caffeine overdose, since I can down 2-3 of them
in a short period. But it tastes too damn good.

• #3,155
Back when I first started to learn about the internet, people online scared the heck out of me and away from using all Microsoft products because they always talked to each other as if they had known everything about my private stories, my true gender, what pages I had visited and who I was connected to while both online and offline...:eek:. Later I realized there would have been no Windows without Microsoft, so I decided to undress myself to live the life I want to.

• #3,156
We can all hope there would have been no Windows...

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #3,157
dkotschessaa said:
How is this possible? I see 120 episodes offered with a paid subscription, none with the free version.
search for: Classic Doctor Who
You get 413 extra episodes. (1963 - 1988)
I guess I should have said that I had watched 533 episodes. Unfortunately I watched the new series first, and the first series second, so I had no idea who many of the people they were referencing in the new series.
Hulu for some reason left out a bunch of the originals.
Some of that is not their fault, as the BBC ran out of storage space, and destroyed many of the originals.
There were approximately 825 episodes in total.

I liked the comment suggesting that he be the audiobook reader for 50 shades of grey.

-Dave K
Never read the book, nor seen the movie, but I'll take your word for it.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #3,158
OmCheeto said:
search for: Classic Doctor Who
You get 413 extra episodes. (1963 - 1988)
I guess I should have said that I had watched 533 episodes. Unfortunately I watched the new series first, and the first series second, so I had no idea who many of the people they were referencing in the new series.
Hulu for some reason left out a bunch of the originals.
Some of that is not their fault, as the BBC ran out of storage space, and destroyed many of the originals.
There were approximately 825 episodes in total.Never read the book, nor seen the movie, but I'll take your word for it.

Wow, most shows film around 20 episodes per year (Seinfeld filmed around 190 episodes in 1989-1998). 825/20=41.25. How long has Dr Who been a series?

• #3,161
These two girls in my mechanics lecture decided to have a conversation of sensitive and comprising nature after the lecture was over. They were waiting around at the front to ask the professor some questions I guess, but little did they know the lecture recording was still ongoing.

• #3,162
WWGD said:
Thanks, I guess they filmed an average of 31 a year, more than most of today's (non-live) shows. I myself have actually never watched an episode.
Me neither. I'm usually not a fan of BBC productions beside documentaries. To be honest I've first heard of it through 'The Big Bang Theory'. Unfortunately they don't sum up the episodes, but I'm sure there's a Wiki article as well.

• #3,163
fresh_42 said:
I'm usually not a fan of BBC productions beside documentaries.

i'm sure a fan of "Poirot" ...

• #3,164
jim hardy said:
i'm sure a fan of "Poirot" ...
Me of Sir Peter Ustinov. His books are really worth reading.

• #3,165
fresh_42 said:
Me of Sir Peter Ustinov. His books are really worth reading.
Don't you mean Agatha's books?

• #3,166
WWGD said:
Don't you mean Agatha's books?
These are fine, too. But Ustinov's are funnier. (He came to my mind since he played Poirot.)
Ustinov's philanthropy and Mark44's patience are the two habits I'd wish to have more of myself.

• #3,167
Earlier this evening I was out wiping the dew off my car windows in preparation for an excursion, when I perceived there was something stuck to my shoe. Looking down, I saw it was a blackened and sticky banana peel, I thought to myself, "WWGD was here!"

• #3,168
I don't find Peter Ustinov to have been the best Poirot.

• #3,169
zoobyshoe said:
Earlier this evening I was out wiping the dew off my car windows in preparation for an excursion, when I perceived there was something stuck to my shoe. Looking down, I saw it was a blackened and sticky banana peel, I thought to myself, "WWGD was here!"
Thanks ? But I only do figurative banana peels, and I don't think these stick to (actual) shoes.

• #3,170
WWGD said:
Thanks ? But I only do figurative banana peels, and I don't think these stick to (actual) shoes.
What's a "figurative" banana peel?

• #3,171
zoobyshoe said:
:oldcry::oldcry:

• #3,172
zoobyshoe said:
What's a "figurative" banana peel?
I don't know, I couldn't make sense of your post, so I posted something that did not make sense.

• #3,173
WWGD said:
I don't know, I couldn't make sense of your post, so I posted something that did not make sense.
You couldn't make sense of my post?? It was a reference to your thread about throwing banana peels on the ground and getting yelled at for it.

• #3,174
zoobyshoe said:
You couldn't make sense of my post?? It was a reference to your thread about throwing banana peels on the ground and getting yelled at for it.
When did I make that post? Sorry, can't remember.

EDIT: Got it, the composting thing. You should have waited for the peel to break down before
clearing your window, c'mon!

• #3,176
zoobyshoe said:
Yes, the actual title of the thread being, "Can I throw a banana peel next to a city tree."

I do , though, take long walks, but I don't go as far as San Diego. Maybe I started a rebel movement in the Web and now people
all over are throwing banana peels on city trees throughout the country.

• #3,177
WWGD said:
I do , though, take long walks, but I don't go as far as San Diego. Maybe I started a rebel movement in the Web and now people
all over are throwing banana peels on city trees throughout the country.
And on the sidewalk near the peel they scrawl, "WWGD was here!"

• #3,178
zoobyshoe said:
And on the sidewalk near the peel they scrawl, "WWGD was here!"
It is a pretty popular new hashtag throughout.

• #3,179
I just put a potato in the microwave and damned if it isn't screaming like a lobster.

• #3,180
zoobyshoe said:
I just put a potato in the microwave and damned if it isn't screaming like a lobster.
I assume after , not before you turned the microwave on, right :) ? Maybe it wants to be put on
top of a banana peel.

• #3,181
WWGD said:
I assume after , not before you turned the microwave on, right :) ? Maybe it wants to be put on
top of a banana peel.
Yes, after I turned it on. I've never heard such a thing in all my born days. I felt really sorry for it. But it's over now.

• #3,182
Just saw a TV add titled "Smoke Free". I don't know if it is about quitting smoking or
about some free cigarettes they are giving out. Or maybe about smokeless cigarettes?
Same problem with the show " Nazi Hunters": Is it about people who are hunting nazis or
about admirers of adolph who like to hunt?

• #3,183
zoobyshoe said:
Yes, after I turned it on. I've never heard such a thing in all my born days. I felt really sorry for it. But it's over now.
Was it maybe frozen ?

• #3,184
WWGD said:
Was it maybe frozen ?
No. I think it was the first sentient potato. And I killed it.

• #3,185
zoobyshoe said:
No. I think it was the first sentient potato. And I killed it.
You better hope there aren't more of them around to avenge that one.