Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 13,926
- 16,804
"Vietcong push bottles up US Marines" is quite a famous one.Vanadium 50 said:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 35,014
- 21,725
Is it real? Headless Bodies is. April 14, 1983. Vinnie Musetto was the headline writer. Here's his obituary.
- 13,926
- 16,804
It was presented to me as real by an English teacher teaching us about ambiguous phrasing, but web searches don't turn up anything, not even Snopes. Maybe I was misled...Vanadium 50 said:Is it real? Headless Bodies is. April 14, 1983. Vinnie Musetto was the headline writer. Here's his obituary.
- 20,819
- 28,467
We have had a similar headline here. But I am not sure whether it is true, or just an urban legend, or what someone once said to me as I told him an anecdote: "I don't think it is true. But the point is, it well could be true." The headline was: "Murder! BILD spoke at first with the dead!"Ibix said:It was presented to me as real by an English teacher teaching us about ambiguous phrasing, but web searches don't turn up anything, not even Snopes. Maybe I was misled...
BILD is the German equivalent to THE SUN.
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
A headline discussion without "One to three for Fife's Hicks; Sven ate nine tench."? Impossible.
Caveat: No one seems to know the exact date this was published, and there is also a "One tooth free for Fife's Hicks; Sven ate nine tench." version.
Caveat: No one seems to know the exact date this was published, and there is also a "One tooth free for Fife's Hicks; Sven ate nine tench." version.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Never challenge Death to a pillow fight.
Unless you're prepared to handle the Reaper cushions.
Unless you're prepared to handle the Reaper cushions.
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
The secret of curing procrastination is...
...procrastination. Procrastinate your procrastination, and you are home free.
...procrastination. Procrastinate your procrastination, and you are home free.
- 19,385
- 15,622
I've been planning for a long time now to do something about my procrastination, but I keep putting it off.
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Hang in there. If you wait long enough, maybe it will just solve itself somehow.phinds said:I've been planning for a long time now to do something about my procrastination, but I keep putting it off.
- 19,385
- 15,622
That's my plan, actually.DennisN said:Hang in there. If you wait long enough, maybe it will just solve itself somehow.
- 19,385
- 15,622
T-shirt slogans:
Explosives are awesome; fingers are overrated
Hedgehogs - why don't they just share the hedge?
Dear math, I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.
Free Tibet ! (With another Tibet of equal or greater value)
Voted "most likely to travel back in time", class of 2057
Most likely to secede, class of 1825
Practice safe lunch, use a condiment
Rock is dead - paper killed it
If life gives you lemons, keep them because, hey, free lemons
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself! (and spiders)
Explosives are awesome; fingers are overrated
Hedgehogs - why don't they just share the hedge?
Dear math, I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.
Free Tibet ! (With another Tibet of equal or greater value)
Voted "most likely to travel back in time", class of 2057
Most likely to secede, class of 1825
Practice safe lunch, use a condiment
Rock is dead - paper killed it
If life gives you lemons, keep them because, hey, free lemons
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself! (and spiders)
- 20,819
- 28,467
Be careful with Free Tibet! We used to say "Free Greenland! Away with the ice!" as kids. Now see, where it led us!phinds said:T-shirt slogans:
Explosives are awesome; fingers are overrated
Hedgehogs - why don't they just share the hedge?
Dear math, I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.
Free Tibet ! (With another Tibet of equal or greater value)
Voted "most likely to travel back in time", class of 2057
Most likely to secede, class of 1825
Practice safe lunch, use a condiment
Rock is dead - paper killed it
If life gives you lemons, keep them because, hey, free lemons
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself! (and spiders)
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
I just got kicked out of a karaoke bar for singing Danger Zone five times.
Apparently, I exceeded the maximum number of Loggins attempts.
Apparently, I exceeded the maximum number of Loggins attempts.
- 19,385
- 15,622
Snow shovel designed by my wife for me:
- 19,385
- 15,622
Obviously no one has ever explained to this guy about dereticulating the framis:
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 19,385
- 15,622
Mentor
- 8,478
- 5,700
There is a parachute add-on for removing snow from the roof.phinds said:
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
This reminds me of an ad that runs here where I live, right now:phinds said:Obviously no one has ever explained to this guy about dereticulating the framis:
View attachment 283305
There is also the french version, which I think is even funnier (for those who understand french, and like a challenge):
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it never tried to contact us.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8