Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,340 replies · 3M views
So there was this flasher, getting older, slowing down, worrying more about getting caught. He started thinking about retirement but his final decision was that he would stick it out for a few more years.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Borg, David Lewis and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
DrGreg said:
That doesn't work in my country.

But Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch does.
Why don’t you shorten it in colloquial situations to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerych?
 
phinds said:
So there was this flasher, getting older, slowing down, worrying more about getting caught. He started thinking about retirement but his final decision was that he would stick it out for a few more years.
1660022414940.png

Cricket audience.
 
I was shocked by the electricity bill last month.
I went like ”Watt?” when I saw it.
But now the tension is zero.
 
Orodruin said:
Why don’t you shorten it in colloquial situations to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerych?
Llanfairpwll or Llanfair PG are, I believe, the usual abbreviations. The origin of the name is unclear according to Wikipedia, but may have been a publicity stunt.
 
DrGreg said:
That doesn't work in my country.

But Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch does.
I am simply happy that my favorite whisky is from Scotland and not Wales.
 
DrGreg said:
That doesn't work in my country.

But Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch does.
I can still remember a silly joke from the British 1970s TV comedy The Goodies.

People get into a railway carriage at a railway station.

Through the carriage window we can see the start of the station sign, "Llanfairpwll...".

As the train moves off, we see the name on the sign slowly pass outside the window, "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch".

When "...gogogoch" appears, the train stops and everyone gets out of the train.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Borg, BillTre and 2 others
DrGreg said:
I can still remember a silly joke from the British 1970s TV comedy The Goodies.

People get into a railway carriage at a railway station.

Through the carriage window we can see the start of the station sign, "Llanfairpwll...".

As the train moves off, we see the name on the sign slowly pass outside the window, "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch".

When "...gogogoch" appears, the train stops and everyone gets out of the train.

Here's a link to the episode. It's "The Goodies," Season 05, Episode 04, "Wacky Wales."



Sorry that the video link has some unskippable ads, but it was all I could find. The train scene stars at around 4:30, if you don't want to watch the whole episode.
 
malawi_glenn said:
I have some drills.
Could be tomorrows DIY project.

I was thinking about this as my revenge
View attachment 305598
I don't like colmans mustard, but my wife does not like any kind of mustard. Not even dijon.
Whatever happened to XLax, Laxatives??
 
Ibix said:
Llanfairpwll or Llanfair PG are, I believe, the usual abbreviations. The origin of the name is unclear according to Wikipedia, but may have been a publicity stunt.
The town of Truth or Consequences in New Mexico, was named after a TV game show.
 
Wrichik Basu said:
I think this has been posted here before, so not inappropriate.
My wife just sent it to me, so I guess it is not inappropriate for that sake either
 
I thought that we were in the time of Idiocracy. Maybe it's something to do with Event Horizon and The Black Hole.
 
Ibix said:
Missing: Star Wars: long, long bar to the left.
Relativity of simultaneity says you can't be sure. Alderaamada paradox and all that.

While we're on the fururistic subject, George Jetson was born just 12 days ago. Didn't see that on the chart either.
 
Last edited:
dogmeme1.jpg


But if you insist...

dogmeme2.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, dextercioby, Wrichik Basu and 3 others