Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 22,832
- 14,880
I am apalled by the lack of appropriate units for speed.fresh_42 said:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Reminds me of the atrocity committed by ultra-nerd Gil Grissom on CSI: Vegas:Orodruin said:I am apalled by the lack of appropriate units for speed.
"That's a five story fall. Terminal velocity is 9.8metres per second, so if he wasn't pushed, he should have landed about ... here."
It just gets worse the more you read it.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 2,188
- 2,694
The most difficult part of constructing a perpetual motion machine is hiding the batteries.
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
You can solve for c = (a+b)/(ab-1).dextercioby said:This is a joke thread, but the moment begs the serious question: is 1,2,3 (permutated) the only real/complex solution to abc = a+b+c, when either of a, b, c cannot be 0?
As an example, another solution is a=3, b=7, c=1/2. It's easy to see from that expression that 1,2,3 is the only integer solution.
- 22,832
- 14,880
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
- 13,926
- 16,803
Turn the tape over twice to access the secret C side...
- 20,819
- 28,467
I thought it should be played backwards.Ibix said:Turn the tape over twice to access the secret C side...
- 13,926
- 16,803
No, that plays the A side again. If you play the B side backwards you get thefresh_42 said:I thought it should be played backwards.
- 13,926
- 16,803
Whereas the B side upside down just plays the B side.
I'm reminded of a science puzzle book I had as a kid that showed a picture of the words CARBON DIOXIDE viewed through a bottle of water (so a cheap cylindrical lens, basically). Carbon was upside down, which they explained was due to blue light being more strongly refracted than red. Then they asked if you believed that and, if not, if you could see a simpler explanation.
I'm reminded of a science puzzle book I had as a kid that showed a picture of the words CARBON DIOXIDE viewed through a bottle of water (so a cheap cylindrical lens, basically). Carbon was upside down, which they explained was due to blue light being more strongly refracted than red. Then they asked if you believed that and, if not, if you could see a simpler explanation.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Ok, we went from AB to CD. But why wasn't DVD EF and BD GH?
- 20,819
- 28,467
How did you type that? Do you have inverted keyboards?DrGreg said:Or the ꓭ side?
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,480
- 2,231
Joke answer: I'm in Australia.fresh_42 said:How did you type that? Do you have inverted keyboards?![]()
Real answer: I did a Google search for "upside down B" and found https://text-symbols.com/upside-down/
- 20,819
- 28,467
That is funny enough to make it on my list:DrGreg said:I did a Google search for "upside down B" and found https://text-symbols.com/upside-down/
- 20,819
- 28,467
For all who want to see the rest:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...th-and-other-curiosities.970262/#post-6164027
... and I'm always open to suggestions, if new (we don't need another Nero) and, or funny.
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...th-and-other-curiosities.970262/#post-6164027
... and I'm always open to suggestions, if new (we don't need another Nero) and, or funny.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8