Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
...
 
Attachments
  • FB_IMG_1659639978479.jpg
    FB_IMG_1659639978479.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur and pinball1970
Careful who you try that on. I can think of a couple of teachers I had who would have produced a microscope, checked for a diagram, and then told him off while the rest of the class jeered at him...
 
Ibix said:
Careful who you try that on. I can think of a couple of teachers I had who would have produced a microscope, checked for a diagram, and then told him off while the rest of the class jeered at him...
Ma'am, you won't be able to see the neutrino without about 50 kton of water Cherenkov detector.
 
Orodruin said:
Ma'am, you won't be able to see the neutrino without about 50 kton of water Cherenkov detector.
I think you copied that neutrino from the one next to it - they're identical.
 
Ibix said:
I think you copied that neutrino from the one next to it - they're identical.
... not for long ...
 
dextercioby said:
...
Apparently, student is wrong anyway.

A truly gigantic bacterium has been found. Thiomargarita magnifica is as long as 1cm.

1659645290989.png
 
Orodruin said:
That’s not how oscillations work .. 🫣
I'll have to take your word for it. I presume it's a smoothly changing mix of flavour and mass states, and I guess two neutrinos' oscillations aren't necessarily in phase?
 
Not sure if this classify as a lame "joke" but it is fun nevertheless.
Game of Thrones TV-series is required to understand.
1659693687847.png
 
fresh_42 said:
I remember a time and location when this actually made sense! (CARE packages)
I mean the problem said that the invoice was illegible, so I would just assume there were 12 hams or something, which is still an unreasoable amount. But 72? That is just mind boggling.
 
One morning a husband returns to the cabin after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.
Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out, since it is such a beautiful day. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.
Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says," Good morning, Ma'am, what are you doing"?
"Reading a book," she replies, (thinking, "Isn't that obvious"?)
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.
"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading."
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to write you up a ticket."
"For reading a book"? she replies.
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her again.
"But officer, I'm not fishing, I'm reading."
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to write you up a ticket and you'll have to pay a fine."
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you," says the Game Warden.
"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment."
"Have a nice day ma'am," and he immediately departed.
MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, DennisN, jack action and 4 others
I hate people who pretend to be intellectual and talk about Mozart even though they've never seen a painting of her.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, DennisN, pinball1970 and 2 others
fresh_42 said:
I hate people who pretend to be intellectual and talk about Mozart even though they've never seen a painting of her.
That's usually the case with most art by Mozart.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and Orodruin
fresh_42 said:
I hate people who pretend to be intellectual and talk about Mozart even though they've never seen a painting of her.
I've seen the photograph of his wive